Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a previous owner of two Polaris Slingshots, I have spent many hours of Slingshot enjoyment for the riding and travel experience. I also installed many popular mods and captured them on video to show others how they too could do the installation. I am claiming my first home back, Slingshotforums.com I became a member here when I bought my first Slingshot in Feb 2015. I left to explore other forums for a period. I have found the core values of this site has the basic vision for the Slingshot Interest and provide all kinds of help for Slingshot Owners. My contribution to the Forums is to provide How-To Video help for many subject of Slingshot interest. This forum has many talented owners that are eager and willing to come to your aid with information you seek about the Slingshot.
I come back to this Forums site as it has declined in activity and just kind of going with the flow right now with no great drive to improve. Well, not until now. This is my website now, I am claiming it and help drive the interest for the Polaris Slingshot.
I have 5 years of experience with owning two Slingshots. I have created two Threads on this forums website to help new owners with my experience. I enjoy just sharing my knowledge with the new Slingshot Owners to help get you up to speed with lest amount of effort. My motto: I have been where you are trying to reach.
My Threads are linked below. Each thread has a Thread Index with links to subjects in thread. It will allow you to view the index and find a subject of interest and click and arrive at the Post of interest. No where else is anyone doing this. Most thread, you have to just search though all the post. I am redesigning the process and showing how it will help you find what you are looking for.
My two thread links: go to the index and find a subject of interest, click and you will be taken to the post. This works between the two threads, so you can operate from either thread for the same info.

This thread is created to help folks researching and looking to buy a Slingshot or brand new Owners
New Owners Slingshot Information
This thread will help owners with help on systems, new mods, general help. This thread has links to my other thread.
Sam Owens Media and Slingshot Information

I am currently going through my video and photo library for subjects to create new information to help you. if you have a question or want to comment about one of my post, I would like a message to me to keep my information clean and free of chatter. As you give me information, I will add in my post of your contributions along with any supporting information. I would like to keep these threads for information only. By the way if you like my post, a thumbs up will be well accepted. Thank you and I have work to do. This is an ad for my Threads.

This thread you are welcomed to comment and make suggestions about my Threads mentioned. You can make any comments about Slingshot needs for information. I welcome your response here!! Thanks for your attention.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If you are a guest and come to my threads, please join and become a member for the right to comment and post your thoughts. Thanks you!

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am keeping a close watch on the new members that join our forum. I am also seeing an increase in postings and threads coming to life. It is great to see this forum come back as the lead forum for Slingshot Information. We are in trying times with the Covid-19, but for the folks that have not experienced the Slingshot Life Style, it is worth the investment in my opinion. I still make it clear, I had two Slingshots and have sold my last 2017 model. I sold to take a new direction after 5 years of a very exciting adventure with my two Slingshots, a 2015 and the 2017. Many mods and many group rides along with some national Slingshot Events, like Slingshots in the Smokies. Very happy times and would not want to miss it. So if you are looking at the Slingshot, you have my endorsement and also a lot of helpful video and post for you to view when you want answers. I would expect there will be some really good deals that you can find to get into the Slingshot world. Most Indian or Polaris dealers will have used models with just about every mod you can think of. There is also AutoCycle website that will have a lot of models. Come back, join our forum and ask questions to help decide what is good for you. I have not met an unhappy Slingshot Owner.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Good info Sam. I have made good use of your useful videos and I'm sure many others have as well.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am making frequent post of subjects for the Slingshot that may be of interest. In first post for this thread I placed my two main threads with links to them.

I will post all of the individual Posting links below. If you see something you want to learn more about, just click and it will take you to that thread. From there you can use the same index to look at other subjects. I am trying to make your search for information as easy and fast as possible. Hunting through a thread or even searching can not provide what I giving you here. Each link to directly to the post with the info you want. I am currently building this library from the video, diagrams and photos in my computer files and folders. I am as explained, taking some of my old video and cutting our parts with a stand alone message or instruction to post as a new video.
I can not make any new Slingshot as I don't own one now.

Table of Content for Links of Subjects

New Owners Slingshot Information
  1. Slingshot Owner Manual
  2. 2020 Model Features
  3. 2020 Slingshot Specs
  4. Samowens44 Complete Slingshot Video Playlist Library
  5. 2015-2019 Slingshot Models General Specs
  6. Important Slingshot Safety Features Explained
  7. Polaris Slingshot Website for help
  8. Slingshot runs out of Gas
  9. Fueling and Gas Cap security
  10. Samowens44 Complete List of Post
  11. Slingshot Driving Lessons
  12. Recall Lookup for Slingshots by Vin and Recall Number
  13. Drive Belt Alignment and Tension
  14. Parking and Wheel Rim Protection
  15. Ride Command Help
  16. Slingshot and wet roads precautions
  17. Polaris Slingshot Options for New Owners
  18. Mode Button Explained
  19. Optima Battery Tray Installation Procedure
  20. Passenger Compartment Heat Solutions
  21. Entertainment System and Cell Phone Connection
  22. Slingshot Hood Latching System
  23. Slingshot hood opening while driving
  24. Floorboard Heat Test Ride
  25. Floorboard Temperature readings for test ride
  26. Troubleshooting Third Brake Light
  27. Link to Samowens44 Post on Photo/Video Thread
  28. USB Port for Music
  29. How to test Fuses on Slingshot
  30. Turn Signal Aux LED Installation Info
  31. Auxiliary Fuse Box Installation Procedure
  32. Slingshot Cover Installation Procedure
  33. Raise Wheels for Rim and Wheel cleaning
  34. Motorcycle Jack Use for Slingshot
  35. Turn Signal Monitor for turn signals not canceled
  36. Drive Belt System View
  37. Learn how to adjust Front Spoiler
  38. Sip n Ride Cup Holder System for Drinks
  39. How to check motor oil level
  40. Turn Signal Flasher Module
  41. How to remove lower deck panel
  42. Message to Forums Guest
  43. Turn Signal Auto Cancel Feature on 2020 Slingshot
  44. Hood Removal and Installation Procedure
  45. Build a Dash Cam Mounting for Slingshot
  46. Slingshot in The Smokies Event 2017
  47. Sip n Ride Silicone Tube Drinking System
  48. Slingshot Backup Camera on for Driving
  49. Angle Drive Maintenance Schedule and procedure
  50. How to access the Battery on Slingshot
  51. Riding Limits up Blood Mountain Georgia
  52. View from underneath the Slingshot
Sam Owens Media and Slingshot Information
Table of Content Links
  1. New Owners Slingshot Information
  2. My many post of video help for Slingshot subjects
  3. Battery Health for the Slingshot
  4. Aux Turn Signal Wiring Diagram
  5. Understanding the Hood Latches
  6. Hood Latching System Adjustment Video Playlist
  7. Front Hood Hinge Alignment Procedure
  8. How Cold Air System Mod can cause hood closing problems
  9. Slingshot Backup Camera on for Driving
  10. Ipad and GoPro mounted for the Slingshot
  11. Slingshot U-Joint Lube Procedure
  12. Fin Brake Light Removal Procedure
  13. Do your own Oil Change without raising Slingshot

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Slingshot Owners and folks with interest in having a Slingshot. Most of the new folks coming to the Slingshot world, do not know who is who and really are just looking to see if the Slingshot is for you. I started making video documenting my buying experience. I also captured when we pick up our Slingshot and did our first ride! From there I started capturing everything I learned about the Slingshot. I published all the video on my youtube channel, samowen44. 5 years later, here we are, I sold my Slingshot, this story has already been told. Now I am going provide the new generation of Slingshot Owners the information that may help with a decision to buy or for the new owner, help maintain.
I created my video with the inexperienced owner in mind. I put a lot of detail in my video, some folks will not need it, that is what the fast forward button is far. My video are long and repeat sometimes to reinforce what I am giving the person with little experience. I also cover safety as we are performing task that can be hazardous.
Just want you to know I go to real basic and do not leave too much out. I found as an Instructor at the Telephone Co, when you think everyone should know that, they don't. I am going for that one that don't know.
Thanks for watching my video.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you are searching for information about the Polaris Slingshot and it will work for you, here is a video that will help decide. If you find another Slingshot Owner and go for a ride, it is a great experience to really move the excitement level by passing and capturing one another in video for posting or just enjoying over and over. Now find roads with lanes and traffic that will allow this back and forth activity, it is more fun than single lane riding. The accelerating and moving and changing gives you that excitement. Capture it as I have and I think you will see why folks Love the Slingshot and will want one!

Two Slingshots play catch and pass

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just want to catch the guest as they are looking for Slingshot Information and direct you to my two threads of How-To-Help. Please look at the first post for all the access, link below. My threads are full of Video that show detail as to how to perform many task of interest on the Slingshot.

Slingshot Information Links

1 - 9 of 9 Posts