Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Slingshot is best enjoyed riding with a passenger, wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend. I want to say, I have seen the ladies owning their own Slingshot and believe me, they want to drive. So I have friends that enjoy the roles they play with riding in the Polaris Slingshot. Some families just own two Slingshots, his and hers to settle the position of who drives.
Now if you are the single Slingshot or multiple Slingshot owners, communications is an important part of enjoying your exciting ride time. Gail and I found, we had to yell to hear each other while we ride at hwy speeds. The wind noise is too much to hold a good conversation. If you are riding as a two Slingshot family, then you can not talk to one another at all.
I have a solution that I will share as to how Gail and I looked into the options for Headset Intercom systems. We settled on the Sena SMH D10. We had it for about 4 years and it was great clear sound. It made the ride better in that we could discuss the surrounding area and keep each other informed of needs for stops or whatever.
The Sena SMH D10 can work between two or up to 4 Slingshots connected together by Bluetooth. Two Slingshots work the best and staying within a normal distance for driving. Mountain roads may put limits on this as you go into curves. You can also Bluetooth connect to the Slingshot Entertainment System to listen to your music.
Gail and I created a video to demonstrate our use of the Sena SMH D10 as we took a ride. We never had the system to fail, only run out of power charge as I did not recharge after a long ride. Always start out with a full charge and if it is a long day ride, turn off when not in use and just tap on when one wants to talk.

Helmet Intercom System Sena SMH D10

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New Owners, this is going to happen to you at one time or another. Hitting the Front Spoiler on the ground coming into a gas station or drive way with a deep dip. You should always watch for this and go into the dip at a 45 degree angle if possible or avoid it altogether. After 1 or 2 hits can knock the Front Spoiler out of alignment. It's that space between spoiler and hood area. I discovered the spoiler had dropped down on one side leaving a bigger gap on one side. I know I scrapped on a low dip in the road the other day. That must be when it got knocked out of adjustment. Check yours and see if you have a nice tight clearance on both sides of your spoiler. I show you how to adjust for proper clearance in my video.

Front Spoiler Adjustment Show and Tell

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
To enjoy the Slingshot, you will need to fight a few heat issues that all owners face. This post is to address the cup holders. The stock cup holder does not have nay insulation at all. You cup of beverage will not stay cool very long on hot days. A good thermal cup made of steel will keep drinks longer than some models. Now, if you install the insulation I show, you will still have ice at the end of the day.
One other thing since this video was made, use a tall cup to place in the cup holder and rock back and forth will pop the cup holder out with ease. Don't use a screwdriver as it can leave a nick on surfaces. Use plastic tool if needed. Also, dish soap would be best to use as a lubricant to slide insulation over the cup holder.

Cup Holder Insulation Procedure

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Folks, I have a number of video on my youtube channel about the Alignment and Tesnsion Adjustments of the Slingshot Drive Belt. My video have a flaw that I thought I should correct by making the video I am posting now. All the video addressing Belt tension are directed toward tightening a loose belt. I do not show how to loosen the belt if it is too tight.
I show how you make the loosening of the belt and then use the Tension Adjustment bolt to adjust the tension. Then tension adjustment nut adjuster is only for tightening, kind of like on a Motorcycle. There you loosen the wheel and slide forward and then use the adjuster to make it tight to specs. Then lock wheel nuts down. Same thing here for the Slingshot. You look at my video on Drive Belt Tension Adjustment Procedure. Now you have the key to loosening the Drive Belt on the Slingshot.

How to loosen Tension on Drive Belt
Drive Belt Tension Adjustment Procedure
Drive Belt Tension Check Procedure

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sometimes it may be a reason you need to remove the Rear Fin Stop Light Assembly. I demonstrate the key points to accomplishing this. I do have another video that this part has been taken from. The other video is when you need to troubleshoot a Stop Light trouble.

Rear Fin Stop Light Removal Procedure

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Traveling with your Slingshot on a trailer, gives you comfort and then enjoy Slingshot adventure rides at your destination. Folks with an RV will really find this great as you travel across the country stopping at all the cool places. For the folks that plan this avenue, I have several video covering all elements of trailering a Slingshot. This video is showing our team work for unloading the Slingshot. Find my playlist for Trailer and the Slingshot.

Unloading the Slingshot from Trailer

Trailer your Slingshot Youtube Playlist

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There are two mods that are easy to install and will each give you an extra 10 hp. One is the Cold Air Intake and the other I will cover here, High performance Exhaust System. It is a tuned exhaust and performs a lot better than the stock system. Looks faster also when you show off your engine compartment. This is a mod you will want and you can do yourself. I show just how to do each step and the key secrets to accomplishing all of the task without removing the stock muffler. If you don't know this information, you will swear the muffler must come out. There is also a precise move to get the new Exhaust to be placed onto the mounting studs. You will feel the extra power as a boost towards the high end. It is not an expensive mod and you will enjoy this project and the results. Always watch the entire video before you start the process. Good Luck!

Performance Exhaust System Installation Procedure

21 - 27 of 27 Posts