Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the correct forum. I just want to let you (and future riders) know - a wet foot and a clutch pedal is dangerous. There is no tread on the brake or clutch pedal and my foot slipped off the clutch mid-stroke because my shoe was wet. First I screamed the "S" word, then almost did it in my pants before I got the clutch disengaged.

Be careful out there!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I hope this is the correct forum. I just want to let you (and future riders) know - a wet foot and a clutch pedal is dangerous. There is no tread on the brake or clutch pedal and my foot slipped off the clutch mid-stroke because my shoe was wet. First I screamed the "S" word, then almost did it in my pants before I got the clutch disengaged.

Be careful out there!!
SlingMods.com has some awesome pedal add ons that you may wanna check out. I have the red ones.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Be careful out there!!

Thx for info!
I ordered the pedal covers too!
Not too into the John Deere pedal's on the SS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a can of spray on rubberizing
Actually, I just saw an infomercial for a spray-on rubber stuff that kept a row boat with a screen door as a bottom from sinking... LOL :) I think the pedal covers from SlingMods would work quite nice :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Saw some traction tape at an auto parts store yesterday that may work good too. I was looking for some slip on rubber pads. No luck there.
So will Sling Mods pedal overs keep shoes from sliding?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Several guys around here use the spray on there razors and SXS. Like a rhino lining spray on.
I'm familiar with the Rhino lining for truck beds. VERY good stuff. Yes, that would really work for the SS, but I think SLingMods pedal covers would do the trick and look pretty awesome.

Actually at first I was thinking of the U.S. Navy Non-Skid strips and use them to cover the pedals. If you are/were a Sailor, you know what I'm talking about. :)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Be careful out there!!
What kind of shoe were you wearing?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I check carefully on pic and the 4 tooth in each corner seems to be a big problem with my lace when you change your foot to a nother pedal
I thought the same post install but nothing has occurred or been an issue. Actually serves as a grip as well. They are very small. Plus the predrilled holes allow me to center mount and remove the clips if i decide to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts