Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that everyone has settled down from the excitement for SSITS 2016, how was it? More importantly, for those that attended and did so via motorhome, could you share your RV experience for the event? What campground did you use? Did you like it? Had you used that campground before? Very important ... would you use it again?

I got my SS too late to make it this year, but it is on the list for pre-planning in 2017. With a motorhome, the wife and I are considering a road trip and RV camping to attend the event.

Thanks for the feedback on the campground selections in the area.

·
Registered
626 Posts
welllllll we are still here in Maggie Valley in our motorhome. We have a 40ft and pull a 26ft trailer that carries her buick oncore and the ss. Most of the campgrounds here are old and dont do well with big rigs. We are in the Cool breeze campground not far from the comfort inn. Its like a big gravel parking lot with full hookups - 50amp ! Its $30 a night. Stone bridge is a little closer to the fairground and costs a little more but has a pool and is a tad prettier. We just went on a campground recon and couldnt find anything else that fit our needs for price and size. Size is our biggest issue. We have been here since the 29th and find cool breeze acceptable as our motorhome is jam up. And yes we will use it again. Would be cool if the fairground had hookups and we could use that.

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts
We just got back last weekend from SSITS'16 and we stayed in Stonebridge RV park on Soco Rd. about a mile and a half east of the host hotel Comfort Inn. We pull a 48' Enclosed Car hauler w/living quarters behind a F350 crew cab ...about 63' in total length. It was a little tricky getting into our site at midnight but only because the map of the park was a little misleading. We were very happy with the facility and it's accommodations and will definitely be staying there again next year. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts