Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Spray a little black primer paint In it. When I buy a new car I'll go underneath and spray the untreated/unpainted areas

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
A lot of issues cropping up around that exposed rear...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like CorrosionX and/or ChainWax. I do as Steve does with fresh machines but with these products instead of paint.

All naked aluminum gets the same treatment (engine included). I hate that white corrosion on machines.

Never heard of Neverwet, have to look that up.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I like CorrosionX and/or ChainWax. I do as Steve does with fresh machines but with these products instead of paint.

All naked aluminum gets the same treatment (engine included). I hate that white corrosion on machines.

Neverwet your pants

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

So how can CorrosionX be used ?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Impressive! I'll use it instead of rain gear on my SS rides..

I use to say I'd use CorrosionX on my GF if she'd let me. I may have to switch to NeverWet :)

CorrosionX is pretty oilly but I like the smell

Edit: I should probably read my stuff more carefully before posting ...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Impressive! I'll use it instead of rain gear on my SS rides..

I use to say I'd use CorrosionX on my GF if she'd let me. I may have to switch to NeverWet :)

CorrosionX is pretty oilly but I like the smell

Edit: I should probably read my stuff more carefully before posting ...
Safe for the block and wiring or does it tend to catch fire and explode ?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Safe for the block and wiring or does it tend to catch fire and explode ?
I first saw CorrosionX at a demo where they had the naked guts of a small CRT type TV in a glass tank. The TV was on and they poured several gallons of CX on the TV and filled the tank. The submerged TV was still working days later at the event I was at.

I've cured several electronic problems caused by moisture just by spraying on a generous coat of the stuff. Now I'm in the habit of using it on all electrical connectors to prevent corrosion.

I swear I have no commercial interest in this stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts