Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Almost all turbo guys will have this same issue.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Can anybody take from the top of the motor to the underside of the intercooler area. On the turbo kit do you have to remove the aluminum brace with the mounting hole we use? If not the catch can should still work and have plenty of room. It mounts flush with the frame.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Can anybody take from the top of the motor to the underside of the intercooler area. On the turbo kit do you have to remove the aluminum brace with the mounting hole we use? If not the catch can should still work and have plenty of room. It mounts flush with the frame.

This setup is pretty unique. At the moment, I know of only 2 guys that have this setup.

I will take pics later tonight for you, but fyi the center brace is replaced completly with this setup.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
For all Slingshots from street driven to race use, the Slingshot-Oil Catch Can System is for you. Its simple baffled design has been used for decades in all types of motor vehicles. Rist Rocket Racing engineered a compact and integrated package for installation into the Slingshot engine bay. The Catch Cans are designed to collect and retain oil and other contaminants, preventing them from being cycled back into the engine. It also can help in adding a small amount of horsepower from the engine not pulling hot crank case air into the intake side of the motor, making for a colder air charge.

Slingshot-Oil Catch Can Systems are made in America from aircraft quality 6061-T6 Aluminum and are fully TIG welded by a certified welder. We use only the best products available including S&B filters, Goodridge Push Lock fitting and hoses. The bottom has a ¼”NPT drain plug for easy maintenance.

We recommend draining the Catch Can every 2-3 oil changes.

Price $199.95 plus shipping

For any question on installation or maintenance don’t hesitate to contact us at:

Rist Rocket Racing

682-433-9888

[email protected]

Please like us on facebook Rist Rocket Racing
Used your location for the air pump for the Rivco air horn. I will look for another air pump location.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Depending on application, the Ecotec 2.4's have a reputation for carboning up their heads. This is assumed to be from ingestion of oil from the PCV breather. For boosted applications, a carboned-up head would be a bad idea. Moreover, ingesting oil will LOWER the octane rating of the fuel. For those running Kalifornia "pee pee" premium, this is the last thing you'd want for boosted applications.

I added a small oil separator to my NA intake:

I got this from Jegs. For boosted applications, a larger reservoir would be prudent. When zipping around a corner or slamming on the brakes, a full reservoir might allow a large injection of raw oil into the intake.
Maybe I'm missing something here. Where is the other end of the tube going, into the rear panel of the CAI box? I was thinking about running it through the separator and back into the original location just in front of the throttle body.

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We looked into that Tripod. With the length of the catch can you can not run that. It hits the lower fan shroud. That was part of our original design. So we could have made it 2-3" shorter and included that but would have cut into the volume it needs to work properly.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
I am also running a boosted engine Not the same set up shown earlier- I am not home at the moment but I do not think I can install as you have it shown. Would be interested in your alterative mounting location.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts