Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
So sorry!! We did like 20 hours of work in 10 hours today!
Promise tomorrow!!

Free shirt or hat for you! ;)
No rush, its -15 here and 3 feet of snow, my SS isn't going anywhere lol

Reactions: Rist Rocket Racing

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cameron I hope that is a high5 :)

We have literally been doing R&D for 3+ months and it was a reality 4 days ago when we hit the go button and went live, we can't complain!! I personally have had a shop in the performance industry since 1994 and started it because of sh*# service. So I truly take it to heart when I can't be the best customer service someone can experience.

I am not a millionaire but I will make things the best I can with what we have.

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Cameron I hope that is a high5 :)

We have literally been doing R&D for 3+ months and it was a reality 4 days ago when we hit the go button and went live, we can't complain!! I personally have had a shop in the performance industry since 1994 and started it because of sh*# service. So I truly take it to heart when I can't be the best customer service someone can experience.

I am not a millionaire but I will make things the best I can with what we have.
Sure was! Just showing a little support for the customer service!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks!! We still are going to introduce new parts in the weeks coming..

I have been sent many messages of others being jealous (trash talking) about what we are doing.. Promise that's why we were born!! We will only improve the SS community and see what happens!! When we hit landfall at our first big meet, lets see what happens and how they can reply:eek: :singing::watching::woot::nurse:

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Thanks!! We still are going to introduce new parts in the weeks coming..

I have been sent many messages of others being jealous (trash talking) about what we are doing.. Promise that's why we were born!! We will only improve the SS community and see what happens!! When we hit landfall at our first big meet, lets see what happens and how they can reply:eek: :singing::watching::woot::nurse:
Coming to the smokies?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I need to look that up and see how far it is and the dates. I see it in active topics all the time. I wrote it down to take a look this week. We would like to hit a couple of big meetings and make our local meet more of a routine as well.

I read all the time about long trips in the SS and just hoping its as smooth going as theirs.:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Saw the post but surprised at the price:eek: I hate posting this but Damn......:nailbiting:
Are you aware that there are plenty of baffled name brand cans on the market(MOROSO, Mishimoto, VMS) anodized,painted with or without AN fittings including hardware(round cans,square cans, Carbon Fiber cans) o-ringed drains for half this price:greedy:
Im all for the private market but $199.00 seems way out of toucho_O
Dude wow you are so right just bought a nice billet aluminum racing one off EBay for 28 bucks ..but I may have to drill a hole to install it:banghead:

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Are you thinking about making any without the air filter and a nipple instead for a return hose?

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Are you gonna buy one Greg? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sorry for the delay, shipping shipping shipping! :D

-Slayer I know you are posting in the other thread but we are trying to keep it all in the New Location ;), so here we go. If you look at the pictures of the intake manifold in the second post, that is a lot of oil that the motor is consuming in only 7800 miles, knocking octane down and will only get worse in time. That does not even count for all the oil the motor has actually consumed. With oil going into the intake ports it will cause gunk build up in the intake port of the cylinder head and start deposits on the valves, thus slowing air down and decreasing power. There are only upsides to a baffled catch can.

-WingShot yes we can make you a recirculated Catch Can for you with no problem at all. We just received the material to start another batch and could be ready next week. If that interests you, want to know more or to place an order, just give us a call or pm us. We will be glad to help. The price will be the same just for your personal order. I believe the recirculated style will be about $10 more, not sure till we get the parts and price calculated.

So on that note, we will make a Catch Can like you are asking for and post pictures of it and how it looks on the SS.

We are also giving FREE SHIPPING with any of the Catch Cans till the end of February! :greedy::woot::wideyed:

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you recirculate to the intake, what happens with a turbo? Wouldn't the boost in the intake push air IN the valve cover vs letting it escape?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Dude wow you are so right just bought a nice billet aluminum racing one off EBay for 28 bucks ..but I may have to drill a hole to install it:banghead:
Yeah, everyone knows how high end e-bay stuff is...

Please, if you wanna buy cheap stuff do so, don't come into a serious conversation comparing shit chinese products to custom US made product made for our machines and gloat about how much money you saved.

I don't want to come out as an ahole, but this kind of comment made in vendor treads just pisses me off.

Too expensive for you? Fine, pass on to the next thread and keep you opinion to yourself.

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
873 Posts
Reactions: DKF Texas
21 - 40 of 72 Posts