Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I will say this - I communicate with Brian of RRR occasionally & those boys are busier than a bunch of :beaver::beaver::beaver::beaver::beaver:. They are working VERY hard on trying to provide a nice array of quality parts/products for our Slingshots. I applaud their efforts. They have already provided several innovative new products which no other vendor has even thought of; not just another variation of "the same ol' thing." Kudos to RRR, keep up the great work!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you everyone for the interest in our Cargo Racks, they didn't take off like we had expected, so we worked on other products. We are in such early stages of the company where we only have so much time and money to spend.

This is on our list of things to do, and came up with a totally different concept for a different product from this. Then there will be a few variations on the market from us and other vendors.

Thank you everyone for your support and patience!:)

If the dyno goes well tomorrow (our plan if we get things finished today) Then we will be working on the Cargo Rack early next week.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just some friendly advise so take it for what it is worth (not much). But riding season is quickly coming upon us and with Maggie Valley trip coming up and over 200 slings expected many are just now starting to think about luggage options. As one can see the luggage threads are starting to come alive again. Love what you are doing though.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Do you have one laying around? As you can see I'm interested. Would have suggestion on this maybe a short 12" hoop or bars coming up maybe on the inside tire side to give more options to bungee things too.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Can't wait, keep us updated. I think the timing when you first brought it up was more of the problem than the no interest. As most of the northern states where still burried in snow.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Great news! Hopefully some sort of receiver setup or quick disconnect can be developed to allow the rack to easily come off when arriving at a destination. Keep up the good work!
Yes I agree this would be ideal. But also don't mind removing a couple bolts if that is all that is required. But the masses will lean toward the quick release. They are a fickle bunch.:)

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Found this Yamaha TW200 rear cargo rack for sale on eBay today. This is one of the pics in the listing - too funny!!!

image.jpeg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here are what we came up with and started working on today. This is going to be the base of our unit. Then you will be able to interchange any design we offer or you come up with and we make for you. You would leave this on your SS basically and just pull the pin to remove any cargo carrier. It bolts on or removes in about 15 minutes. We have a few options we are working on for the extension parts to carry cargo.

Please let us know what you think. @[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
I like where this is going. Just a couple of concerns. 1. Make sure it will clear larger tires than stock. 2. Not to much play in the receiver that would cause play or sloppiness. Have seen it in other receivers for motorcycles. I like how what would remain is really unnoticeable. Good job!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank you @lostnparadise we have put a couple of months thinking about this, and saw what was on the market. So we are trying to fill the gap, as we always do here @RRR We added another picture of the first couple of bends. Hoping to have a rough prototype of a rear mounted hitch with a 2" receiver to fit basically any cargo rack you can find.

We are also going to offer a smaller option for like a backpack or a flat panel to mount too. We have 3 options in mind right now, and looking for more.. Any ideas?? You can post them in here, or if you want to pm us, we are all ears.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts