Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rist Rocket Racing has looked at all the air intake options available for the Slingshot and came up with the best overall performance and bang for the buck. We utilize the factory air box which is getting ram air from the front of the vehicle and forcing air directly into the engine. Why change a great thing! We have taken out all the kinks and restrictions of the factory inlet tube and replaced it with a 3.00” mandrel bent tube. 2 Silicone couplers and 4 worm clamps are provided to complete the kit.

Our CAI is sold in 3 parts. (trying to get it as budget friendly as possible) Any option of the Air Intake Tube, P&P factory air box and K&N air filter. The combo starts @ $359.95 plus your air box when purchased all together including return shipping. That's almost $100 savings over most CAI out there!!

We have provided a dyno video w/graph in one take and flow bench numbers, hard to beat that proof!!

P&P air box is $125 (you ship us yours and we ship back)
If you want to keep your stock air box and use a New Polaris Air Box add $85
Intake tubes start at $169.95
K&N air filter $67.9

RRR CAI start @ $359.95 (when all purchased together)

-APRIL SPECIAL $330 SHIPPED includes:
Aluminum Air intake tube, (Pay the difference for carbon fiber or titanium)
P&P your stock air box
K&N Air filter

Carbon Fiber Air Intake (real hand laid) - $289.95
f1d71200dfe1e76166f2f98b5c1b5e58.jpe
81974782e8a3d369fb4abb7b2737b3fc.jpe

We have several other Inlet Tube material options including:

• Aluminum - $ 169.95
  • Stainless Steel - $ 169.95
  • Titanium (hand TIG Welded) - $ 449.95
Recomendations:

We recommend the K&N drop in air filter and Oil Catch Can with the purchase of this Air Intake. With the Oil Catch Can we can leave off the barb fitting on the Air Intake going to the valve cover since the Catch Can utilizes it, providing a much cleaner look. This is our intentions of our products working with each other.

Other options are:
- $125 Ported & Polished Air Box with twice the air inlet volume and smoothed out coupler area

- $185 Ported & Polished Throttle Body and $195 P&P Intake Manifold each sold separately

For any questions about this product or options please call us at:
Rist Rocket Racing
682-433-9888
[email protected]
RRR Air Intake Sysytem , Carbon Fiber

Attachments

·
WE ARE SLINGERS...
618 Posts
As soon as I get this rear wheel fixed from hitting the huge rock in the road I'm going to run over and see you guys. Enjoyed the ride this weekend and sorry we got separated after lunch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@spudinator Alright just give us a call before you are ever on your way so we can be ready at the shop for you. Yeah we were talking to people then we look back everyone was gone lol.

@WI_Hedgehog thank you it took a while to get perfect dimensions for it too :dead:.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
That carbon does look good!

·
WE ARE SLINGERS...
618 Posts
@spudinator Alright just give us a call before you are ever on your way so we can be ready at the shop for you. Yeah we were talking to people then we look back everyone was gone lol.

@WI_Hedgehog thank you it took a while to get perfect dimensions for it too :dead:.
lol I know I was the one you were talking to. I ran and loaded up quickly and hauled butt. Thats the difference between wearing helmets and not I guess. I will call and see you soon. Get that red carbon fiber ready for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Quick question: The dyno shows the last two runs increased around 10 HPs and 14 Ft/LBs of Torque from the first run (which I assume was stock). Is that with ALL of the updates you have (i.e. not just the CAI, but also the ported & polished throttle body and the ported & polished intakes), or just the airbox, tube, and K&N filter?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the first or lowest dyno numbers are with it a 1320 header, test pipe and colder plugs. The second and third run are with RRR CAI Intake tube, P&P Air Box and K&N Filter. Prices start at $365 for this set up. Offering another option on the market, especially a lot of people already have a K&N will just save them money.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. It's hard to swap a header on the dyno since your paying for time and hit burning hot.

We are simply trying to show our parts are well developed and make the most power you can get out of each specific modification.

Our end goal is 200.0 wheel horse power. We just found a new mod, just no time to test it yet or see if it works. If should be the last 5-10 hp we are missing if all adds up correct, but again might push us over the big 200!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No. It's hard to swap a header on the dyno since your paying for time and hit burning hot.

We are simply trying to show our parts are well developed and make the most power you can get out of each specific modification.

Our end goal is 200.0 wheel horse power. We just found a new mod, just no time to test it yet or see if it works. If should be the last 5-10 hp we are missing if all adds up correct, but again might push us over the big 200!
Proof will be in the Dyno sheets, I hope you can do it. So far the best run you have had as you stated is under 175whp. I guess I am a little skeptical of claims. Keep pushing forward!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our CAI has a Dyno sheet, unedited video and all the info proving it makes power. We are hoping these start to take off. ;)

P&P is not offered as a Dyno number from any company I know of. I can tell you what I believe it will make(10-15hp) in power but ours and other companies offering this service provide a flow bench Dyno sheet. Proving they flow more than stock. If you have supporting mods and so many other variables horse power will change.

I have been a supporting vendor on many forums and watched thousands of Dyno videos, and have never saw companies that can offer a part with typed in Dyno numbers, no videos or the video shows the dyno and no graph in one video..(edited)

I would like to see other companies held to the same standards. I think it's fair for the community and other vendors selling similar products. It would eliminate a lot of parts that are subpar and not the quality that should be sold on here. Again this is me being honest and wanting to provide the best and highest quality products for the SS. :)

We show the community the gains and the fails we go through. I think it's a real look into a company on how much work goes into a product before it hits the market. Our Dyno has been the biggest pain I've ever been through for proving our power gains. Trust me we trying everything we can and talking to everyone in reach to get our ABS to stop shutting our horsepower down. The search is still on.

This is not meant towards anybody or anything, just hoping that all vendoes are held to equal standards and help this community to grow strong.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I appreciate the Dyno results. Although even those should be taken with a grain of salt since it's fairly trivial to doctor the results with atmospheric inputs (i.e. tell the Dynojet Dyno it's really cold for one run and really hot for the next). Not that you or anyone else would do that. I'm just saying that in the world of the internet, it's really hard to believe anything. That's why these forum's are invaluable. A good vendor and/or product, like cream, rises to the top, and the one that aren't are usually found out.

Having said all that, I wasn't questioning your ethics or honesty. I just wanted to know what to expect from certain parts. In my way of thinking, I'll need to do everything you've done to see the improvements you saw. I mean, do you think with the stock header, exhaust, etc. you'd see the same improvements? I personally think the flow on each side of the engine is connected. What do you think?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So having said that (and agreeing with you), what parts did you have on for the Dyno run? Also, this is with ZERO ECU/ECM/computer tuning, correct?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
@Rist Rocket Racing, I do really appreciate what you bring to the community and support your efforts. I know 200whp is obtainable but your words of "We just found a new mod, just no time to test it yet or see if it works. If should be the last 5-10 hp we are missing if all adds up correct, but again might push us over the big 200!" make it sound like you already have 190-195whp.

I have been watching your threads with great interest and know you are trying your best to provide backing to your claims. I understand the problems you are incurring and sympathize with you. Maybe it is just me, but claims, however educated, are what we wish for and documentation(dyno) is the reality of what goes to the ground. All dynos are not the same and the same dyno can get a little different reading each run but still give numbers that show real differences. I believe you are using the same dyno for all of your runs so your numbers should be relative then only to atmospheric differences.

I apologize for reading to much in your comments.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our base run had 1320 header andcolder plugs. That's it. No tuning either.

The dyno video gains were from our CAI lot and be purchased in separate parts or complete kit. We ran the complete RRR CAI kit. P&P air box, K&N filter and RRR air tube. Plus the base pull parts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank You @Mniron .
Here is what I think and feel from all my experience:
-CAI 10 hp
-Header 10 hp
- exhaust 10 hp
- P&P intake/tb -10-15 hp
- tune 10-15 hp
-colder plugs, catch can, synthetic oil 3-5 hp

The more mods the more the other parts work in conjunction with each other making more power together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts