Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a thought. What do you SWers think of meeting and riding into Rosewell,NM next July. The have an annual UFO festival on the 4th of July weekend. I just think it would be very cool to have a squadron of slingshots show up for the party.

·
Registered
310 Posts
nm hwy152 .jpg
Kinda flat country out there, nothing much in the way of twisty Slingshot roads as I recall. You'll find much better near ABQ. I'm looking forward to doing hwy152 from San Lo to Kingston across the Black Range.
Aw, shit. Wished too soon. 152 is closed as of today owing to half the roadway sliding downhill (on a fairly straight stretch). I fear it won't be soon fixed.

Friday update: The NMDOT and law enforcement have CLOSED NM152 due to flooding along the roadway from 45.9 miles East of Bayard at mile marker 22 to 10 miles West of Hillsboro at mile marker 40. That puts the outage between Hillsboro and Kingston, so my ride is still possible, perhaps even without traffic. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Are you sure that's a good idea? All you need to do is ride around in the slingshot after dark and see what the locals say. Hey while you're at it why don't you release a weather balloon? LOL

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Didn't think I'd be up for a Florida to Colorado (where I go to escape summer heat) trip in the SS but the more I think about it the better I like the idea.

The Taos area run with a bunch of SS's would be something I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Aw, shit. Wished too soon. 152 is closed as of today owing to half the roadway sliding downhill (on a fairly straight stretch). I fear it won't be soon fixed.

Friday update: The NMDOT and law enforcement have CLOSED NM152 due to flooding along the roadway from 45.9 miles East of Bayard at mile marker 22 to 10 miles West of Hillsboro at mile marker 40. That puts the outage between Hillsboro and Kingston, so my ride is still possible, perhaps even without traffic. :)
Great news today! SILVER CITY >> New Mexico Highway 152 is now open, according to a news release from the state Department of Transportation's District One office. The road has been closed since the middle of September after flooding washed away parts of the road.

Kingston, here I come (when SL arrives).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts