Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I'm sure they would love to give everyone a ride, but at some point I bet it becomes logistically impossible to get hundreds of people in a seat in a short time period. I hope that's not the case and everyone at the show on Sunday gets a turn.

·
Registered
151 Posts
See, that's nice and all, joy rides for the sales staff at the reveal... How quaint. :rolleyes:

BUT, do customers get to test drive one before buying, or is it like a motorcycle where you do not get a remote idea of what the bike is like before you buy it?:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
See, that's nice and all, joy rides for the sales staff at the reveal... How quaint. :rolleyes:

BUT, do customers get to test drive one before buying, or is it like a motorcycle where you do not get a remote idea of what the bike is like before you buy it?:confused:
When I bought my motorcycle I test rode like 15 at the store, does this depend on the store and I just happened to get lucky?

·
Registered
151 Posts
When I bought my motorcycle I test rode like 15 at the store, does this depend on the store and I just happened to get lucky?
Wow. Here in AZ, they make you sign all paperwork for the bike, title, give them their money, etc, and then you ride off, without a test ride.

Some cruisers, well, they get demo time at events, but that's about it. Never heard of test rides on a bike before, but that's here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow. Here in AZ, they make you sign all paperwork for the bike, title, give them their money, etc, and then you ride off, without a test ride.

Some cruisers, well, they get demo time at events, but that's about it. Never heard of test rides on a bike before, but that's here.
Oh wow I should really be thankful, all they do here is photocopy your drivers license. Wisconsin nice at it's finest I guess.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If spec is right, power to weight ratio is really telling for any vehicle power-wise. That said, I expect weight of this thing to be under 1300 pounds, with more than 150 HP. It'll have more than 1HP / LB. Most liter bikes (sportbikes) have 120-160 HP for a 450 Lb wet package... So, it will definitely be more impressive than a cage... less so than a bike in all out acceleration... BUT... it will be wicked to fling around in the twisties and more fitting if one should get fatigued...

For crips like me, it might temporarily offer an alternative to a Lotus Elise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking forward to the updates. Really interested in the atvs, utv/sxs, and especially the slingshot. Is it time yet, LoL.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts