Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at hard tops for our 18SL
Two of the three choices are, the Raptor, which is aluminum frame and the Flip top Modular, which is PVC frame.
Those who have installed either, what are you honest opinions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don’t think anyone has installed the Raptor yet because it’s a preorder. It’s looks bad ass. I have a bulletspeed V-Back now and I want some comments on the raptor as well. Thermal R&D is like 10 minutes drone me. They said I could come by in a week or so as they were waiting on their 2020 R

·
Registered
39 Posts
Honestly after the V-Back I would go with an aluminum frame for camera and “oh sh!t” handle mounting options. I have also heard they will be making additional accessories for the Raptor as well when I called thermal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly after the V-Back I would go with an aluminum frame for camera and “oh sh!t” handle mounting options. I have also heard they will be making additional accessories for the Raptor as well when I called thermal.
I agree about the aluminum frame
The Raptor seems to be a better option and price point. Also comparing it to the Gull Wing, even though it has a see through roof system, not sure about the extra cost

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,826 Posts
The Raptor looks ok. Looks like a direct duplication of the Twist Dynamics Gullwing from a few years back. Although I think the mounting system for the Twist Dynamics is far better. The reviews I have heard from real world users of the Slinglines Modular are pretty bad. The Metrics is sweet looking but I am not sure how functional they are. Having the open gap in the middle, I can't imagine it blocks a lot of sun or rain. I have owned the Gullwing...a couple of years ago...and it ranks as my second favorite top out of 4 I have owned. Having the top be tinted and see through doesn't give you the claustrophobic feeling you get from solid tops. I would highly consider it...it was the first of it's kind (Original Design was Cycle Springs/Slingshot Only) and they have just made it better over the years.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,826 Posts
I would avoid anything PVC related...just saying...as far as testimonies go...this is on the Gullwing top and like I said...I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We are looking at hard tops for our 18SL
Two of the three choices are, the Raptor, which is aluminum frame and the Flip top Modular, which is PVC frame.
Those who have installed either, what are you honest opinions?
Love my twist dynamics stinger top!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts