Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2016 ss sl with the top on it and was looking for a roof rack but looks like that's only thing that was made for the ss which is mind blowing. If any of yall have any ideas or no where I can find one let me no.. ss owners be safe

·
Registered
678 Posts
I built one because of the same problem, borrowing the idea from a couple of other forum members. Made it so that it's easy to take off, so only put it on when we are going on a long road trip. hangs in my shop the rest of the time.

If you are interested in details on this build, let me know and I'll send over what I did.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I saw a few where they modified one of the ones you see on SUV's and cars that you can get just about anywhere they threads are here with pics too just search a bit and they should pop up. The one above looks amazing though what a nice setup and the hardware looks top notch!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a 2016 ss sl with the top on it and was looking for a roof rack but looks like that's only thing that was made for the ss which is mind blowing. If any of yall have any ideas or no where I can find one let me no.. ss owners be safe
20181027_103159.jpg
20181027_103251.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I built one because of the same problem, borrowing the idea from a couple of other forum members. Made it so that it's easy to take off, so only put it on when we are going on a long road trip. hangs in my shop the rest of the time.

If you are interested in details on this build, let me know and I'll send over what I did.
That looks really good u did a danm good job. Send me what type of rack that is and how much it cost. Thanks man

·
Registered
111 Posts
Roof Rack Edited Small.jpg
Idea stolen! Thanks. Ready for the road trip to Huntsville for the Homecoming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got to use mine on the trip down to Kerrville, Tx a couple of weeks ago. It functioned well, but with the wife's medium suitcase packed and probably a 30mph headwind I got about 120 miles per tank. At times it would only do about 70 mph with pedal on the floor. Plus with suitcase at the front it messes with wind in the cockpit. I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow and the rack is staying in the garage, wife isn't going and I want to get at least 200 miles a tank, or the Harley won't let me hear the end of it.
DSCN0295.JPG
sling kerr.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I custom built the one that i have. If you want the specs let me know. The only thing about this type of rack is that it is a little expensive. The cost for this kind of rack will run you over $400.00 to build. If this is what you want to build just let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am interested in your roof rack, I have seen the carrier at Harbor Freight or like it, where did you get the crossbar and mounts, I already have the roll bar like you have

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am interested if still available.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
For a short while several years ago, a metal roof was available that replaced the canvas top. Something like that might make it easier to mount a cargo rack. Unfortunately, the metal top drew little interest and is no longer available.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Would you please send me a build list. Love the look. [email protected]
Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts