Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
TLP-
Just saw your question. I have 2016 SL with a Twist Dynamic (TD) top (frame is red with black top) I have had it for 3 years. Great for those 100 plus degree temps. The TD tops run about $1200.00. I am sure you will research the market. I don't like the fiberglass or fixed tops. If I want the sun, I can just take mine off. Google to see just how many companies want to sell you theirs. There are a lot of non-OEM products out there for SS's. even Amazon. I have dealt with SlingMods for a lot of add-ons to mine and have been very satisfied with their service and prices. Some will not agree with me but that is OK. We all chose SS for various reasons. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Beware, wet roads and slingshots-sometimes don't mix. Be safe

·
Registered
81 Posts
TLP-
Just saw your question. I have 2016 SL with a Twist Dynamic (TD) top (frame is red with black top) I have had it for 3 years. Great for those 100 plus degree temps. The TD tops run about $1200.00. I am sure you will research the market. I don't like the fiberglass or fixed tops. If I want the sun, I can just take mine off. Google to see just how many companies want to sell you theirs. There are a lot of non-OEM products out there for SS's. even Amazon. I have dealt with SlingMods for a lot of add-ons to mine and have been very satisfied with their service and prices. Some will not agree with me but that is OK. We all chose SS for various reasons. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Beware, wet roads and slingshots-sometimes don't mix. Be safe
PS- I am in NE Texas

·
Registered
116 Posts
Before you buy ANY top, go to a GTG and check out all the different ones people have. I'm sure people will be glad to tell you all about them and let you sit in them. Some are taller, some shorter, some are open to get into, some you have to crawl in to, some are more expensive, some are less expensive, etc. Figure out what YOU want in a top and then go from there.

I'm glad I got to sit in quite a few different ones before I bought and that made a HUGE difference. And if you're near Texas or Arkansas, I can let you sit in mine (TD Gull Wing).
What is a GTG?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Very cool, are you planning on attending the Eureka Springs, Slingshots in the Ozarks event in Sept?

There have been lots of talks about getting together and doing group rides in this area, but nothing concrete so far. I can PM you if we put something together, if you are interested.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I am thoroughly enjoying my Twist Dynamics "Stinger" roof, purchased through Slingshotonly.com. Great design! I like the fact that it keeps the open cockpit feel, since it attaches to the roll hoops, is quite sturdy, and provides a central overhead "console" for lights, etc. I'm working through a couple of small issues with mine, but it is a great top!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it helps any...I have a canvas top...just did 2600 miles and the noise isn't an issue at all. The exhaust drone, the tire road noise, and the wind beating up your ears is more noticeable than the canvas top flapping.
In regards to your ears getting beat up. Try a Madstat adjustable windshield. It will eliminate that problem.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
In regards to your ears getting beat up. Try a Madstat adjustable windshield. It will eliminate that problem.
I had the 9" and I think the 11" madstad would have been better. I currently have the NASCAR windshield from All Things Slingshot and it's my favorite windshield yet.

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Twist Dynamics Gull Wing Roof for the Polaris Slingshot
Really like the top and being able to see through it at red lights. When I received the unit there were no instruction or parts listing. There was not one screw, nut, bolt or any of the required hardware whatsoever to install the new top. I called Slingshot Only and the required parts were sent out next day. I have noticed that nothing that they ship out has a QA inspection. I have found this to be true on other items I have purchased from this supplier.

MSgt Kevin Patnode USAF

21 - 37 of 37 Posts