Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew the KTM Super Duke 1290 R was strong. But not 3rd gear power wheelie strong. I am still #1 on the list for a red SL. I just wanted something new that wasnt a unicorn to ride.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I almost bought one of those. Was #1 on the wait list but after many delays and a falling out with the dealership I bought the tuono instead. Though the tuono was a great bike I don't think it did for me what I hoped the KTM would.
Sold the tuono, bought a BMW 1200rt, rode it cross country and then sold it back to BMW in a manufacture buy back due to a recall. Sold it back to fund the Polaris gig.
Ironic, I got sick of waiting for the KTM and in a round about way has paved the way for the Polaris purchase.
Just bought a new house and could sure dip into that 23k just sitting there waiting and waiting. Could buy a couple 4k tvs, a pinball machine and a pool table and have a chunk of change left.
I still have a viper and a Suzuki b-king.
Still trying to wait it out.

I love the KTM, if you can I would love to hear an unbiased review or comparo.

513 Posts
Dukes are very unique, exciting machines! Well played. Soon as I saw yours, I had to show you one that belongs to a European friend of mine, supercharged on nitro:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I rode it today 60 miles and was terrified the first 20. The last 40 I was smiling ear to ear. It is so amazing how it picks up rpm so fast. Its as refined as the diavel in the power band. But where the diavel starts to fall off this stupid thing is just getting its wind. I weigh 350 pounds and going into third gear it just picks the front tire up. Its like a gun. You have to have it pointed in the direction you want to go and then pull the trigger and it will shoot you down the road. If you twist the throttle early in the turn it will just raise the tire and walk out crooked. Its pretty close to the Diavel when it comes to fit and finish. The diavel just has more to look at. The KTM is just all business.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
So I keep seeing your Super Duke pop up throughout the forum, Rab, and I thought it would be fun to let you know...

...Polaris owns part of KTM. >:3

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I keep seeing your Super Duke pop up throughout the forum, Rab, and I thought it would be fun to let you know...

...Polaris owns part of KTM. >:3
Probably why it was delayed forever and there was limited supply...:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got my bike up in that range today on my way home from work. Quite exhilarating, I must say. Can't wait to see if the SS hits anything near that...

513 Posts
After 14 years I sold my ZRX1100 in July thinking it was time for this semi geezer to move on. I sure do miss my green beast. So what have I been looking at? Vettes, Dukes, and Slingshots. Guess I'll never grow up...

Growing up is a trap. Don't do it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts