Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Jeff
Please give us your evaluation on how the SS did. High and low points of the SS.
Your trip is longest todate.
You'll have very valuable information for all SlingShot owners.
Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This post was awesome, sort of read like a comic book. I can only imagine the passing glances you got, not only being the first vehicle of this kind they have ever seen, but also driving in the rain like a gangster with the top down not knowing this baby is waterproof.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'll be running in the opposite direction from you on I-10 today, assuming you didn't drive all night. Hope I get to see you fly by.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes, please keep us posted. Very interested in how it is as a tourer.
After 3 hours the whine was annoying. It only whines under acceleration. So lets say your going 70 mph its whines no matter what, cruise control or not, but it stops immediately when you let off the gas. There are some sweet spots tho, around 50 it was very quite. After 6 hours I was dying. So for long distance driving I say no way. For a couple hours or so at a time it should be no problem. Also I had a hard time hearing people talk, my ears were buzzing bad. When I got home at 4am I felt horrible. I woke up still buzzing.

There seems to be A LOT of turbulence around 70mph. Passed 90mph it feels like someone is lightly slapping your helmet from every direction. Much more than a regular motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts