Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just got off the Super Flow SF-600 Flow Bench! Tested our Porting & Polishing out as well as our CAI. The numbers shocked me and even the guy doing the testing. All charts are flowed at 28" of vacuum, which is the most common flow rating used in the industry.

We tested 6 different set ups, the charts/pics are labeled and the list is below:

1.Fully P&P Intake manifold,P&P Throttle body, RRR CAI VS Stock intake manifold, stock tb, stock air box
Fully P&P flowed 232.9 cfm VS Stock flowed 180.6 cfm an increase of 52.3 cfm and 29.0% GAIN!

2.Fully P&P Intake manifold, P&P Throttle body VS Stock Intake Manifold, Throttle body(open throttle body)
Fully P&P flowed 236.5 cfm VS Stock flowed 201.0 cfm, an increase of 35.5 cfm and 17.7% GAIN!

3.Rist Rocket Racing Cold Air Intake VS Stock Air Intake (RRR CAI Price starts at $365 only)
RRR Air intake flowed 194.7 cfm VS Stock Air Intake flowed 180.6 and increase of 14.1 cfm and 7.8% GAIN!
This is the same number as above only showing the difference on the CAI vs stock air box using both stock intake manifold and throttle body

*Please Read carefully to understand the differences. Basically this is proof that our P&P make a Huge gain in air flow which translates to horsepower numbers when dynoed. We are doing everything in our power to show proof of what we do here makes a difference and is worth your time and money.

-Our RRR CAI only lost 3.6 cfm from wide open throttle body with no restrictions! That's amazing. Also if we can get 1-3 different CAI's on the market, we will video the whole process to show what our CAI does VS the competition. If you are interested in helping out, please PM us.

Rist Rocket Racing CAI is a stock air box with addition opening in the front, baffles taken out, and fully ported and polished with a 3" mandrel bent inlet tube and a K&N Filter. Come in Aluminum, Carbon Fiber or Titanium. So if you already have a K&N you are already $68 towards more horsepower!

Prices:

P&P Throttle Body $185 includes return shipping (labor only)
P&P Intake Manifold $195 includes return shipping (labor only)

If you would like to purchase new parts and keep your stock parts:
New Throttle body, gasket & shipping $135 + P&P = $320
New Intake Manifold, gaskets & shipping $135 + P&P = $330

If you have any questions please call, text or message
Rist Rocket Racing
682-433-9888

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ZimDog We have been working on the dyno for sometime now and our SS is throwing every ABS and Traction control problem you can think of. We are still working on solid dyno numbers and video. This is the best and fastest way we can show people what the Porting & Polishing can really do. I will try to explain the best I can.

For every cfm coming into an engine you can get about 1/2 to 1 horsepower. So the average SS is making about 145-150 horsepower to the wheel, and using the chart above 180.6cfm of air all stock. The SS is rated at 173 horsepower, so we are not far off from a 1 cfm to 1 horsepower rating.

So if RRR P&P Can produce 52.3 cfm of more air, that is that much more air flow to make more power. So RRR CAI should make about 10-12 whp and the porting and polishing should make about 15 whp using a 1/2 horsepower increase ratio.

The more exhaust flow you will increase, via header, no cat, free flowing exhaust you can gain even more with the parts working together. Let me know if that helps.

·
Registered
619 Posts
@ZimDog We have been working on the dyno for sometime now and our SS is throwing every ABS and Traction control problem you can think of. We are still working on solid dyno numbers and video. This is the best and fastest way we can show people what the Porting & Polishing can really do. I will try to explain the best I can.

For every cfm coming into an engine you can get about 1/2 to 1 horsepower. So the average SS is making about 145-150 horsepower to the wheel, and using the chart above 180.6cfm of air all stock. The SS is rated at 173 horsepower, so we are not far off from a 1 cfm to 1 horsepower rating.

So if RRR P&P Can produce 52.3 cfm of more air, that is that much more air flow to make more power. So RRR CAI should make about 10-12 whp and the porting and polishing should make about 15 whp using a 1/2 horsepower increase ratio.

The more exhaust flow you will increase, via header, no cat, free flowing exhaust you can gain even more with the parts working together. Let me know if that helps.
Helps a lot, thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts