Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an SS in Phoenix and use it for the occasional commute to work (during rush hour) and not just weekends? Going to get an SS pretty soon here after an upcoming vacation, as a secondary vehicle/toy. I wanted to take it to work when the weather is nice but I typically have to drive in rush hour traffic and the commute is from around South Mountain, to Scottsdale. Meaning I'm driving in a few highways (HOV, cool!) or quite a few surface streets.

Is it pretty ill-advised to do this in Phoenix, with the crazy drivers we tend to have?

Tips are nice, too :) Thanks!

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Anyone have an SS in Phoenix and use it for the occasional commute to work (during rush hour) and not just weekends? Going to get an SS pretty soon here after an upcoming vacation, as a secondary vehicle/toy. I wanted to take it to work when the weather is nice but I typically have to drive in rush hour traffic and the commute is from around South Mountain, to Scottsdale. Meaning I'm driving in a few highways (HOV, cool!) or quite a few surface streets.

Is it pretty ill-advised to do this in Phoenix, with the crazy drivers we tend to have?

Tips are nice, too :) Thanks!
I don't drive in your area, but since 2015 I have put 67,000+ miles in the seat of the Slingshot. Drive around the Chicago area all the time plus long distance riding. You won't have any problems using as a daily driver. Welcome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Never had an issue. As with any motor vehicle you must drive defensively. I do find the Slingshot is very "visible" to other drivers. much more so than a motorcycle. .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that none of you have ever seen a 2015 slingshot, but you haven't seen MY 2015 slingshot..

Was a hit at the office without me saying a word. Gave rides to 3 coworkers.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Not that none of you have ever seen a 2015 slingshot, but you haven't seen MY 2015 slingshot..

Was a hit at the office without me saying a word. Gave rides to 3 coworkers.

Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity" Get lots of seat time in before you go crazy with the mods.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I can only think of a couple of AZ owners that have been in accidents. Most people have been safe and haven't had many issues.

You should be good! Look for the AZ Slingshot groups of facebook if you are looking for some other owners to meetup with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts