Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's weird how the Polaris site show one thing for the commander when not available but then when they make it available it jumps $2000 in one second. So what about the rest of the family? Trade-in for us or something we don't deserve it or we just screwed since we we're the lab rats. We should go after Polaris for selling a product they knew was a piece of junk and not give us a chance to have a nice ride.........

Attachments

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
It's weird how the Polaris site show one thing for the commander when not available but then when they make it available it jumps $2000 in one second. So what about the rest of the family? Trade-in for us or something we don't deserve it or we just screwed since we we're the lab rats. We should go after Polaris for selling a product they knew was a piece of junk and not give us a chance to have a nice ride.........
Polaris put the SlingShot on the market as is where anybody and everybody has had ample opportunity to thoroughly research it, inspect it and drive it, before purchasing it, I do not recall Polaris holding anybody at gun point? Major issues since that have been discovered which could not be visibly seen our dealer(s) and Polaris have been taking care of. When we chose to purchase our SlingShots it has been by our own choice, free will, and our own responsibility. If somebody does not like what the new models are offering, then they needn't purchase one. If one feels that they made a mistake in already purchasing a SlingShot, then they can sell it and move on, hopefully utilizing the lessons learned before purchasing their next vehicle.

Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO! But when I buy I expect my dealership and Manufacturer to take care of prevision customer, not just tell us to go to hell like you just did. I love my ride but your attitude to us prevision owner is like we got your money now kiss it.. I know you don't care so this is for us poor prevision buyers while you fixed your screw ups.
If your taking care of us so much why did you do nothing when you sold the piece of s>>>> radio for the $2300 and you knew it did not work as advertised or even as good as the old AM radios from the 60's. When complaints came in you just ignore them.
A company that cared for the customers that had would of had some program to solve the problem that are still there. So are you going do something for the older SS owners or just leave us in the dirt like you have the paint problems, radio, excessive noise from numerous areas.. So please don't tell me your helping us when your pissing down my back!!!!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I'm sorry, but you are beyond lost and complaining about things that you are confused about...

Go back and read both attachments you posted. One is for Ride Command and the cheaper price item is to add Navigation to an existing Ride Command system. There was no bait and switch here.

Also, why didn't you realize the original SL Infotainment system wasn't going to be that great? Why are you blaming other people when you had a choice to get it or not get it?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
WTH is a prevision owner/buyer? Do you mean previous? I fall into that category. Ordered and purchased my base SS sight unseen so I definitely had no chance to drive one but also realize that's the chance I was taking.

While I think Polaris has an obligation to previous owners to remedy mechanical problems - as they have attempted to do via recalls - I am not sure they "owe" me anything. As for accessories that are less than stellar and overpriced. Just look at what is offered across their other product lines. Why would one think the SS would get anything super special in comparison? Because of its price tag? How much does a top of the line Polaris RZR retail for? Oh, yea, about the same price as an SS with a factory radio and some extra cool decals on it. I already assumed this would be the case before I placed my sight unseen SS pre-order. Thus, that is why I ordered a base with no options on it. I already knew the aftermarket would heat up and everything would be superior (and a far better value) than factory accessories. Just like those for my RZR's.

Do some initial owners feel like they got screwed on a factory radio that under-performs or a drive line that moans, or body panels that rattle? Yes. But that's the chance they took when they ordered one just like I did. Do current owners have a right to be disappointed with the build quality of their Slingshots? Not at all. They had every chance to put their hands on one and do the research before they signed the papers and drove it home.

Rather than moan about it put a for sale sign on it, and move on with your life. It's a toy and every toy comes with a price. Some higher than others.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most vendors do offer a upgrade c! If you didn't haven't hear of that I feel sorry for you. If you sell something that has a cost over 2K and they get complaints on sound and visibility on the backup camera why didn't Polaris to give the money back for the system instead blaming everything else and never fixing. OH! They didn't push any of that on sales or on tv, BULL. Whats wrong offering a cheaper price for the upgrade to the new system?
Since you didn't answer on the other problems everybody has! you don't have an answer as usually you act like it's not happening,
The other is I bought the top of the line so I got the LE that was to be the top of you line. I still a warranty claim in now that is in the never land of Polaris. If I wanted to hear the POLARIS LINE ALL I HAVE TO DO IS ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LISTEN TO THE SAME LINES OVER AND OVER. YOU NEVER PLANNED ON HELPING ANYBODY JUST BLAME THE CUSTOMER AND YOUR NEVER AT FAULT FOR ANYTHING. WE DRIVE IT WRONG, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING WE'RE STUPID.
I hate to tell you but if you come here to help Polaris you are so wrong, you need to go home. I'll now will do as you ask and tell all about the service, customer service and reliability. BUYER BEWARE FOR ANY SLINGSHOT!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I am sorry you are upset. It sounds like a better Service Dealer or a little more research on your end would have solved a lot of your headaches.

The problem is.... Nobody will take you serious on here when you are complaining about things that are not even true. You sound irrational and most people don't have time for that. Your thought process and attachments on Polaris "Baiting and Switching" are completely false. Just take 5 extra seconds to read what you posted and you can clear up your own confusion.

It sounds like you want Polaris to go bankrupt. No vehicle manufacture "trades" in old stereo interfaces/equipment when new ones come out. Come on man. ha

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
I have one of those crappy sound systems, and it works okay for an open-air vehicle. No bass out of those little speakers, but if you look in Hedge's Index there's a link to a cheap speaker upgrade from @CptJeep

Reception sucks and Polaris isn't fixing it beyond the limited recall, so use BlueTooth. Part of the pain of early adoption. Wait 15 years and they'll have some of the bugs worked out--oh wait, it's Polaris--they'll have changed the color 15 times but not the SL info system...LOL

Next you'll be complaining Turbo-Silver is only a paint color....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
cant even understand what this dudes crying about. Its not their fault you didnt do your own research. And if it bothers you so much, get rid of the vehicle. Stop being such a snowflake just because things arent as you expect them to be.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,817 Posts
Let me suggest a better and cheaper option:

Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX Package

Get the Ride Control App on your phone and mirror cast to it. You now have the same features...if not more...for more than half the cost of the Ride Command unit and GPS add on. If you are worried about water proofing, you can get the $200 cover and still be under the price of the Ride Commander and GPS unit by almost $1400.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Please don't shoot me but...
Might price difference be a typo and they corrected it and it's not a $2000 price hike?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I will try to explain this again, so that nobody else is confused and bashes Polaris for this situation....

Attachment 1: Slingshot Ride Command Navigation Kit - The $499 price is for the "kit/parts" needed to add navigation to your existing Ride Command System.

Attachment 2: Slingshot Ride Command Touch Screen Infotainment Kit - The $2,499 price is for the Ride Command System. If you want navigation, you need to add the $499 Navigation Kit.

There was no bait and switch. There isn't anything to complain about. Go to the website and read the descriptions.

Is it expensive... SURE. Will it work good... HOPEFULLY

EDIT - Just added up what it would cost to buy the new Ride Command with Navigation and basic front loaded speaker pods. $3,700.

·
Registered
218 Posts
@TravAZ that's not taking into consideration if you have anything other than a 2018 SS you'd have to either replace the front console plastics or cut your plastics to move the switches & start button correct?
From the pics I seen those switches/buttons were moved much lower for ride command on the 2018, but what I haven't read/seen is if the wiring harness is different? If it is different then you'd also have to rewire to get all things working correct?
Lastly this is my 1st Polaris & my understanding is ride command has been on there off road vehicles & the only thing I read was people saying they wish the SS had ride command so I am assuming its a good system (again never had/used it so assuming from comments I read elsewhere).

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I hear people like the system in UTVs. It isn't new, so most bugs should be worked out.

The price is just for the items to add to a 2018 base model. Who even knows if you can convert am older than 2018 model....? You may need new plastics and harness. It may not even work. Who knows...

You can build a really legit stereo for $3,500, so I can't see many people jumping at this option...

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
My what a viscous thread this has become. Even if @TXrumbles01 is incorrect, this is his perception. An angry customer is cancer to a company. Especially in this era of social media. Customer service should satisfy every disgruntled customer in some way, even if it's a small one time offer to just this person. Could be $2000 off the purchase of a new bike, could be a 25% off service and merchandise coupon, could be a sincere apology.

If I understand @TXrumbles01 correctly. He is saying that people have been complaining about the stock SS radio since the SS came out. Reception issues, poor sound quality, lack of features, camera issue, cutting out, wiring issues, etc. So bad in fact that many thing there should have been a recall.

Now the 2018 model comes along and they offer a new option. Seemingly with all of the things people with the 2015-2017 models wished for. This new model is not backward compatible. @TXrumbles01 feels that it would have been a nice gesture that since the first radio was so "bad" that Polaris could have at least made this new one a backward compatible option. Maybe offer it at a discount upgrade price to the owners who had the previous version and had issues.

While I agree that this would have been a nice gesture, obviously Polaris was under no obligation to do this. I am not aware of any precedence where a motorcycle or car manufacturer did something for it's past customers out of the kindness of their hearts. Extending a warranty to head off a possible recall or a lawsuit? Sure! Yes, they have customer loyalty discounts when trading your old vehicle in on a new one of the same brand and stuff like that, but giving out "free money" to the owner of a 1-3 year old vehicle just to say sorry? Hmmmm

As stated in this thread and others about the head unit, to me the "discounted upgrade" would be getting a Clarion or one of the others people are having success with installed by a reputable car audio shop. Then at least you have some sort of warranty and satisfaction guarantee on that radio.

Obviously since Ride Command is much more than just a radio, it can't be just plopped in. We don't know (yet) how this hooks up to the engine and accesses telemetry. There may be a whole new ECU setup and definitely a new harness. I'd be willing to bet that by this time next year, someone will have done at least one of 2 things, either adapted the Ride Command unit to the older models, or come out with an aftermarket add on LCD screen that can display the engine data. Probably both.

In any case, I think the consensus is, if you want a nice stereo system setup in your SS, Ride Command is probably not for you.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I don't like the radio and GPS mapping in my Ford Fusion but I do like the upgrades they've done on the new cars. Does that mean Ford should offer me a free upgrade or a discounted upgrade for my radio to a new model? Get real

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I don't like the radio and GPS mapping in my Ford Fusion but I do like the upgrades they've done on the new cars. Does that mean Ford should offer me a free upgrade or a discounted upgrade for my radio to a new model? Get real
Not liking it and it not functioning are 2 different things. But yes, not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ok, I have not been able to update it with Fords software since I boughthink it. FORD KNOWS THERE IS A PROBLEM BUT HAS DONE NOTHING. Sunday familiar?
Well, maybe the problem is that it doesn't work on the weekends...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts