Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020SL and I got an E-mail that its time to update my ride command software. I paid the 75.00 and shipping cost to my local dealer. Does anyone know how this works? What does Polaris do, send them a flash drive with the new software? They said I would get an E-mail when the dealer received the shipment. I called my dealer and the guy I spoke with wasn't sure how this works with Polaris. Haven't heard anything in 3 weeks?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2020SL and I got an E-mail that its time to update my ride command software. I paid the 75.00 and shipping cost to my local dealer. Does anyone know how this works? What does Polaris do, send them a flash drive with the new software? They said I would get an E-mail when the dealer received the shipment. I called my dealer and the guy I spoke with wasn't sure how this works with Polaris. Haven't heard anything in 3 weeks?
When I updated the ride command on mine I just went to the site and downloaded it to a usb drive. U then plug it in the usb port and turn on the system. It will find the file and do the update.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Isn’t your 2020 SS still under warranty? I don’t understand why people who buy brand new Slingshots don’t hold Polaris accountable to fix their problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I imagine that the $75 is the dealers service charge for doing the work of downloading the file, copying to the thumb drive, walking it over to the Slingshot, opening the glove box, plugging in the thumb drive, turning on the Slingshot, and installing the upgrade.

I'm not sure what shipment they have to receive, unless it is a new thumb drive with the update loaded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts