Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 SLR yesterday. About 2 hours after driving it off the lot, the Navigation button (second from the left) stopped working. I can see that the GPS is actually functioning because the split screen view shows the map and my location correctly. It's just that that second button now does nothing when I press it. I've updated the software and the map data. No help. I even pulled the radio fuse for a few minutes hoping it might reset. No joy. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's under warranty. Take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertently gotten into some mode that was keeping that function from working. Nothing worse than taking a vehicle to the dealer for a "problem" only to find out that the "problem" is that you don't know what you're doing ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
OK, just wanted to make sure I hadn't inadvertently gotten into some mode that was keeping that function from working. Nothing worse than taking a vehicle to the dealer for a "problem" only to find out that the "problem" is that you don't know what you're doing ;)
Yeah, I get that. But if you pulled the plug and it didn't reset everything, chances are pretty good it's not a user error.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Hope you have a tech at your dealership. The goods one are very good, but some not so...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't worry about what the tech may think or says. If it don't work, make them earn your trust.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the dealer really came through for me on this. They determined that the Ride Command unit was bad, and rather than make me wait for parts, they pulled a unit from another SLR on the showroom floor and put it in mine. I also had a pretty bad paint defect on the black panel on the passengers side on the hood, and they did the same thing to fix that. Pulled that panel from another SLR. That left them with an SLR they can't sell until those parts come in. They fixed both those issues AND did my 500 mile service and I was there for just over an hour. I never got that kind of service at an HD dealer. Color me impressed.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Well, the dealer really came through for me on this. They determined that the Ride Command unit was bad, and rather than make me wait for parts, they pulled a unit from another SLR on the showroom floor and put it in mine. I also had a pretty bad paint defect on the black panel on the passengers side on the hood, and they did the same thing to fix that. Pulled that panel from another SLR. That left them with an SLR they can't sell until those parts come in. They fixed both those issues AND did my 500 mile service and I was there for just over an hour. I never got that kind of service at an HD dealer. Color me impressed.
A lot of supper dealers … take good care of them and they will take good care of you. I go 120 miles one way to Nielsen's for an oil change. Would be a long drive in the car but just a fun ride in the Slingshot. 4.5 years and 80,000 miles.....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So nice to hear about a dealer going the extra mile for a customer. So many bad dealer stories out there, this was a nice change up. Glad it was resolved quickly and easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I just noticed that the "Engine Hours" value on the Ride Command is zero. I don't recall what it was before I had the unit replaced. Is that value used on the SS or is a hold over from some of the other vehicles Polaris puts the ride command unit in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, looks like it was a false alarm. I rode it to work today and noticed on the ride that it suddenly showed 17.6 hours. Maybe it only shows time when the engine is running? I'll verify later today.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your ride command will sync with the computer on the slingshot. Sometimes you have to push that NAV button in a bit harder for it to bring up the full screen map. You can also log into the ride command website (ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com) and also download the app for your smartphone; don't add a WWW or HTTP or anything else to that address when you type it in or you'll get to the old site. Once you create a username and password you can add your vehicle to the garage by entering its VIN # and being verified as an owner. Then you can use your desktop to create a ride and then save it to the thumb drive and import it directly into the NAV in your SS via the port in the glove box. After you complete one of your saved rides it will move to your tracked rides and you can review it on your PC in the app and retrace your exact movements via an overhead view, its kinda funny actually. Play around with it and have some fun, the NAV system has quite a lot of stuff packed into there that some owners never find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your ride command will sync with the computer on the slingshot. Sometimes you have to push that NAV button in a bit harder for it to bring up the full screen map. You can also log into the ride command website (ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com) and also download the app for your smartphone; don't add a WWW or HTTP or anything else to that address when you type it in or you'll get to the old site. Once you create a username and password you can add your vehicle to the garage by entering its VIN # and being verified as an owner. Then you can use your desktop to create a ride and then save it to the thumb drive and import it directly into the NAV in your SS via the port in the glove box. After you complete one of your saved rides it will move to your tracked rides and you can review it on your PC in the app and retrace your exact movements via an overhead view, its kinda funny actually. Play around with it and have some fun, the NAV system has quite a lot of stuff packed into there that some owners never find.
The Ride command unit turned out to be bad. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I use the Ride command app on my iPhone to download routes and saved places I create on the website. Then you don't need to use a thumb drive. They get transferred via Bluetooth straight from the phone to the Ride Command. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
A lot of supper dealers … take good care of them and they will take good care of you. I go 120 miles one way to Nielsen's for an oil change. Would be a long drive in the car but just a fun ride in the Slingshot. 4.5 years and 80,000 miles.....
I'm sure I'd enjoy a good meal while I'm waiting for service. Now, all I need to do is find a local supper dealer!;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts