Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Maybe it's time to upgrade to the performance clutch!

Over on the other forums, someone had mentioned this app for apple phones : ‎SpeedBox Performance Tracking

It uses the GPS and clock to time you for things like 0 - 60, etc. From his quote, "It is a speedometer app that among other things uses the phones GPS to time "time to speed" events. It has a bunch of presets like 0 to 60, 0 to 35 and 0 to 100, but more importantly it has rolling speed to distance presets like 30 to 60, 30 to 70 & 50 to 100 an a bunch of others. and it automatically starts the timer when the first speed is passed and stops it when the top speed is hit"

I've downloaded it, but haven't tested it yet, but will this weekend.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,801 Posts
Maybe it's time to upgrade to the performance clutch!

Over on the other forums, someone had mentioned this app for apple phones : ‎SpeedBox Performance Tracking

It uses the GPS and clock to time you for things like 0 - 60, etc. From his quote, "It is a speedometer app that among other things uses the phones GPS to time "time to speed" events. It has a bunch of presets like 0 to 60, 0 to 35 and 0 to 100, but more importantly it has rolling speed to distance presets like 30 to 60, 30 to 70 & 50 to 100 an a bunch of others. and it automatically starts the timer when the first speed is passed and stops it when the top speed is hit"

I've downloaded it, but haven't tested it yet, but will this weekend.
Dragy is essentially the same thing. Just a smaller device. A couple of friends of mine that use Dragy love how accurate it is. These are guys that are putting up 200+mph numbers as well as 10 seconds or less in 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The slingshot is definitely capable of 4 secs 0-60 in stock form with a good driver AND actual traction. Not only is this baby RWD but the traction is simply terrible. Theres plenty of cars that are AWD thst will give you consistent 4 secs 0-60 if that is what you are into. Just enjoy the thing for what it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with OrangeSlingFL. We have a (modified) infiniti FX50S, AWD, all wheel steering, 8 speed auto with paddle shifters. It is faster off the line than the SS, and could almost keep up with the SS on mountain roads. But 'almost' is the key word. The FX is fun but any 12 year old can get in and go straight ahead 0-60 in 4 seconds. It takes some skill to drive the SS fast, and the AWD FX will not slide around corners.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agreed. I have added a few items: baker wings, floormats, led headlights and a header/exhaust. Most were christmas gifts from family who heard me saying "wish I had a....". But I figure my enjoyment per dollar is way up there, and yours is even higher. In another post I mentioned that I had a Valkyrie for 10 years before I bought the SS. Over the years I put at least 10K (probably more) in after-market stuff- 1k for an Ultimate Seat, 1.5k for better suspension, and lotsa chrome. When I sold the low mileage, perfect condition valk my $10,000 of add-ons got me an extra $100, if that. We thought we'd keep the valk forever, and now we think we'll keep the SS forever, but you never know. Except for the header, all our SS upgrades have been (and will be) for comfort or safety. I know some people have to buy every add-on, I was like that with my Valk. But I no longer want to spend that much of my discretionary income on 0-return items. So just do what I do: think that a turbo charger would be nice, but she's plenty fast and your fun per dollar can't be beat!
Oh yes, my black & yellow Valk is the fastest color. I have also added a ton of chrome goodies and I’m putting it up for sale next week and don’t expect to get much return on my chrome investment. But, that bike has sure been a LOT of fun to own! I’m gonna miss it when it goes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh yes, my black & yellow Valk is the fastest color. I have also added a ton of chrome goodies and I’m putting it up for sale next week and don’t expect to get much return on my chrome investment. But, that bike has sure been a LOT of fun to own! I’m gonna miss it when it goes!
You know, 50 years from now no one will know what a true Valk was. There may be one paragraph about them in some coffee table History of Motorcycles book. We can count ourselves very lucky to have been in that .00000001% of the population that actually owned and enjoyed one. I took the "my other vehicle is a valk" stickers off my cars. But I still wear my "if you don't own one, you can't understand" valk shirts, even while riding my slingshot. But in all these years only one person actually commented that they also had a Valk.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts