Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to install some LED backup lights and was wondering if anyone knows of a easy spot to tie into the backup wiring ( HOT )?? On a 2022 SL

·
Banned
141 Posts
Make up a pigtail with both the female and mail connectors for the tail light plug with wires ends coming from it. This would then go between the tail light and factory wiring harness and have wires to go to any accessory lighting you want to install. That’s is what I did. I hate t-taps. You can get the connectors off eBay.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make up a pigtail with both the female and mail connectors for the tail light plug with wires ends coming from it. This would then go between the tail light and factory wiring harness and have wires to go to any accessory lighting you want to install. That’s is what I did. I hate t-taps. You can get the connectors off eBay.
I'm all set I just need to know were the factory wires/plug is located and how do you get to it ???
Can you call me (850)756-2904

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm all set I just need to know were the factory wires/plug is located and how do you get to it ??? View attachment 187428 View attachment 187429 Can you call me (850)756-2904
So do you Remove the tail light to get to the wires/plug, I took all of the screws/bolts out and still can't get the tail light out. were is the plug drivers side/ passenger side?

·
Banned
141 Posts
So do you Remove the tail light to get to the wires/plug, I took all of the screws/bolts out and still can't get the tail light out. were is the plug drivers side/ passenger side?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool can you send it to me ( sk
Anyone Know what color the hot wire is for the backup light ?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I remember right, the reverse wire is a ground. I believe the reverse lights get their power from the running lights.
Your the Man Slingin !!!! You were so correct, Pin 5 is were the backup light gets its power +12 Volts and Pin 4 takes the backup light to Ground O Volts. I was a machine maintenance Tech on high speed printing presses and to get mechanical functions to happen faster everything was hot and it is quicker to take it to ground.
Thanks so much! I will post a pic when it all back together .

·
Banned
141 Posts
Your the Man Slingin !!!! You were so correct, Pin 5 is were the backup light gets its power +12 Volts and Pin 4 takes the backup light to Ground O Volts. I was a machine maintenance Tech on high speed printing presses and to get mechanical functions to happen faster everything was hot and it is quicker to take it to ground.
I’m glad I could help.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for everyones help All done !! View attachment 187431
I’m glad I could help.
Lookin good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts