Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I am confused I thought the "2 types" of high Revs was one in the same..... Mine does both "high revs1 & 2" and is starting to get really frustrating. Lately my SS's new thing is to rev up on its own and even accelerate on its own sometimes, that is not safe at all and thought there would have been a fix for this issue by now!
Have your dealer check the "Throttle Switch". Some call it the "clutch switch". Mine was changed and it stopped the high rev on its own. Yes before it was changed mine would do just like yours "rev up on its own and even accelerate on its own". It runs like a champ now. Still hangs during shifting which forces me to shift much slower than I would like to shift. I can live with that until a reprogram if the ECU comes alone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have your dealer check the "Throttle Switch". Some call it the "clutch switch". Mine was changed and it stopped the high rev on its own. Yes before it was changed mine would do just like yours "rev up on its own and even accelerate on its own". It runs like a champ now. Still hangs during shifting which forces me to shift much slower than I would like to shift. I can live with that until a reprogram if the ECU comes alone.
I agree with everything Florida Joe said, the only difference is I find myself shifting much faster then I would like. Different strokes I guess.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This I believe was part of the recall correct? I believe my dealership said mine was fine but I will call and find out.

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Fortunately for me I got one of the self healing slings - RPM hung about 3 times at 1000 miles - bought it some jewelry and spoke a few soft words and she never did it again

·
Registered
394 Posts
Your dealer has a new flash for the ecu the sling runs better and no rev hang and no cost to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Your dealer has a new flash for the ecu the sling runs better and no rev hang and no cost to you

Apparently (no cost to you) does not include everyone..........

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Problem is my dealer wont do it with out a service bulletin the wtench 3.7 bulletin dated 6/39/15 is not enough for him really sucks that they won't reflash mine

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Yes it's a flash to your program and yes it is no cost to everyone

Well, it SHOULD be of no cost to everyone. Not every dealer feels the same way, and according to those particular dealers, their Polaris Rep is telling them they need to charge money for it as part of a service. You have to understand that there are still dealers out there that refuse to recognize any ecu issues. Their attitude toward forum information is negative and they're dismissive of it. I WISH all the dealers were like yours lmlm. The sad fact is, they're not.....

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Warranty Issues 101

The very first time you go in, go with a dated printout of everything that's a huge problem, wrong, annoying, or you think is an issue, in that order. Break up each section, and number each issue, starting at the most important issue:

1 The alignment is way off and causing a safety concern. (continue with a good description so they see what you're seeing)​

though the last concern:

6.) FM reception is local, high-power stations only and they cut out often, the weather band is non-existent.​

Never repeat numbers, that way you can always be on the same issue as the technician. Verbally mention what the solutions might be if you know of them to try and help them out; let them go from there, they are the experts (or at least should be).

The next time you go in, have a new sheet (with the date on top), have all the former issues under a FIXED section with the date they were fixed, and the rest of the issues in order with when they were reported. They'll say something like, "You know there's no fix for rev-flare and the radio," and you reply, "I know" and leave it at that.

ISSUES
7.) Loud whining from the rear drive train. (reported 12/13/2012, Vinney)

6.) FM reception is local, high-power stations only and they cut out often, the weather band is non-existent. (reported 12/13/2012, Vinney)

FIXED
1.) Front end alignment .... -FIXED 01/02/2013​

When a fix (like the ECU remap) comes out, the dealership can submit the paperwork for a warranty repair because you reported it. We expect when the official radio repair is documented by Polaris that it will be covered without issue, just as the ECU reflash went smoothly.

Help your service center help you. If you don't care enough to do the paperwork, why would they?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm sorry you guys are having trouble with this flash I just walked in one day to my dealer after hearing about the flash and they said yes it just came out and they did it what the hell is going on with dealers

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I'm sorry you guys are having trouble with this flash I just walked in one day to my dealer after hearing about the flash and they said yes it just came out and they did it what the hell is going on with dealers

I know it sucks....In my humble opinion, many of the dealers don't follow all info like we do. If Polaris had better communication and customer relations, we wouldn't be struggling at the dealers.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
took my ss to dealer for broke head light retainer,,and 3.7 re-flash....headlight fixed,,awesome..no waiting, then he re-flashed my ss.....here is a little synopsis..going...speeds from 0-70,,,,up and down gears,,some fev flare from 1,2 gears mostly,,up to 3k rpm...and in some cases hanging rpms..for approx 3 sec,,,then coming in down....Trip Back...various speeds.. the rev flare was not an issue ....the hanging rev rpm..were at worst,, less then 1 sec, but i may be nit picking here,,becasuse i am so aware of it,,LOL...speed seemed to be fine,,,and ss felt..."lighter" i guess is all i can describe. but all in all for a 45 mile ride home seemed at this time to be better the when i left....just a shout out also to @Cycle Springs in clearwater,, your mechanic, service and sales staff were all friendly and not stand offish..to me..pleasent crew for sure. got me in and out in a timely fashion. More to come as i report with the 3.7 flash...later..ryd..:) ohh yes...late edit...for those concerned...NO COST to me...:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you have not read the post from henry at alpha, do so, anyone Thinking of during a Turbo,,, don't do the re-flash. at this time, you cannot do a turbo or CAI flash after the re-flash so be aware

81 - 100 of 106 Posts