Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Resale Value of Four Wheel Conversion

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  WI_Hedgehog 
#1 ·
I am considering a 4 wheel conversion for my 2021 Slingshot R, probably from allthingslingshot. Does anyone know how much value that would add for future resale? I have tried several searches for 4 wheel Slingshots for sale and have only found one, and it had a LOT of modifications so not really comparable. Thanks!

#2 ·
It's difficult to determine what any one mod will add to the price of a Sling. In my opinion it's determined by the overall package and what a buyer is looking for, plus other factors like time of year and location. But if I were to put a number on it it would be less than 50%, probably closer to 25%. You just don't mod these for resale value.

#6 ·
Just a question to consider… you have a r model and you know the depreciation is there, plus you are going to spend another $$$ to converter to a 4 wheel and you are already thinking is selling it….???? The best option base on your future plans is to keep it the way it is and sell it as soon you can.

#14 ·
Some of the long-time gearheads are just being practical. The "automatic transmission" is...well, maybe a mid-level manual transmission with an auto-shift conversion kind of baked-in. It's at best a "kludge."

The OEM 90-degree gearbox on the far back end has always been a weak point for many reasons, all relating to manufacturing and quality issues. The 4-wheel conversion is actually an upgrade, though at the expense of some of the Slingshot's appeal of being unique. Adding it to an "automatic" is going to add additional stress to an already weak transmission.

Now, should you do it? YES! If you want to and think it's worth it. The Slingshot isn't "practical," nor is it many other things, but it is fun. Do what makes sense for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.