Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone tried to take them off Front And Fin in prep for wrapping or paint ?
No I dont have one yet and ya'll get to here my inner dialogue .Sorry .

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I know that using monofilament fishing line always worked for me on previous emblems that attached with an adhesive using a sawing motion

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
So anyone tried to take them off Front And Fin in prep for wrapping or paint ?
No I dont have one yet and ya'll get to here my inner dialogue .Sorry .
The most simple and easiest way to remove an emblem is: take a fishing line and put it between an equal unstick immediately, it's just like cutting cheese, actually you can use it for cutting cheese as well

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
According to Fixmytoys parts finder, it doesn't look like there are tabs, though it's not real detailed.
If there are no tabs, you may want to make some type of template before removing them for proper placement if putting them back on after if that's a concern.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The most simple and easiest way to remove an emblem is: take a fishing line and put it between an equal unstick immediately, it's just like cutting cheese, actually you can use it for cutting cheese as well
Mike, please don't say "cutting cheese" to some in this crowd!!! (I'm sorry it won't translate into French and give you the same meaning as English, but it's damn funny down here.)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mike, please don;t say "cutting cheese" to some in this crowd!!! (I'm sorry it won't translate into French and give you the same meaning as English, but it's damn funny down here.)
I thought the same thing. I don't need fishing line to "cut cheese" and if Mike was near when I did his nose would explain why monofilament line was not needed. :vomit:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Mike, please don't say "cutting cheese" to some in this crowd!!! (I'm sorry it won't translate into French and give you the same meaning as English, but it's damn funny down here.)
I thought the same thing. I don't need fishing line to "cut cheese" and if Mike was near when I did his nose would explain why monofilament line was not needed. :vomit:
You guys got explain that to me....please because I'm clueless
I want to laugh

Edit: I google it LMAO

What's with the expression "cut the cheese"? - Answers - Yahoo
cut the cheese - Vulgar Slang To expel intestinal gas.

Is this the right answer?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
First thing I did was remove every badge that read Polaris, Slingshot, SL, etc from every thing. I used a blow dryer. Peeled right off then sprayed a touch of carb cleaner on a micro fiber rag to remove any small outline that was left. Perfect, as new.
That is the way I do it only I use 3 M adhesive remover before heat and after to get residue off.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sure is. That's why it's so damn funny in the states, but doesn't translate too well into French. Glad you had a good laugh over it Mike.
You figured it out Mike, it's a euphemism for farting. I tried to give you a hint in my post but if you've never heard the expression it would be hard to figure out.
Okay, let me use it in a funny sentence......tell me if that works LOL

I'm going to use some "cutting cheese" in my slingshot, because gas (gasoline) is so expensive, hahahahahaha.....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts