Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's going to get cold in MN!!
Remote start / Turbo timer / Alarm.
On this set up I have to hit the start button before I remove the key then push a 2nd button, to arm the remote start, after driving.
Its few extra steps than on a normal car, but no biggie once you get used to it.

G9.jpg

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I have a Pyle motorcycle Alarm system that includes an engine disable and remote starting capability. I doubt I'll use the remote start feature as I don't like leaving the Slingshot in Neutral and also haven't gotten around to trying to install the system.
How complex was your install process?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi BKL! I believe they did a few questions on the install, I had a shop do it. But if you have any questions feel free to Jeff at the shop listed on the Youtube vid. When they looked online for tips they could not find any info at all. So they would be a good source if you had a question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Folks-
I have the DRONE MOBILE SYSTEM. In a nutshell: Remote start (yes, there is a procedure you must follow at shutdown to allow remote start to work-i.e. in neutral, toggle remote so many times then press the clutch while engine is running at which point the engine shuts off & the ALARM is ARMED within a few seconds). It also has a built in TRACKING DEVICE (for anti-theft), & you can ARM & UN-ARM THE ALARM FROM YOUR CELL PHONE. If set up properly, you can remote start from your Cell phone or from a remote fob. If it is not Pre-set, (or in gear for example), the Remote start will not operate. I rarely have need for the remote start, but it was included as part of the deal. I like it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts