Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I didn't!

I had one gentleman show me pictures of his "Polaris car" because I didn't believe him at the Snow Show this weekend when he told me he own a Polaris-built car. That's right, he's the proud owner of the Slingshot prototype's prototype prototype... or something like that...
(all a part of Allen Hetteen's 60 year plan, of course!)

12.jpg
image.jpg
P1080012a.JPG
PHOTO_PAGE_136A_WACONIA_JAN_2008.jpg
StarCar.jpg

Polaris was still making a name in the world as a snowmobile company in the late 60s, when they decided to bring out this unique little racer.

"For the Snowmobiler Who Wants to Go All Summer". No wonder this didn't last! I might as well have been hyping these at the snow show this weekend. The most commonly asked question I got this weekend was "how can I attach skis and a track kit to the Slingshot?"

For some sledheads, there really is only one season: winter.

I thought I knew a lot about Polaris and other OEMs forays into car-like projects, but this one totally caught me offguard!
See more pics at the Antique Polaris Snowmobile Virtual Museum Facebook Page.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Great find! I see Turbosling already modified the blue flamed one in the snow. Hotted up engine, coilovers, larger tires.

Very cool!

·
Registered
619 Posts
As CT has pointed out and provided a link to corporate for, the current mantra for PII is A-B-C. Anything But Cars. One of their strongest board members was the former CEO of the Saturn division of GM. She must have learned a real lesson!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I managed to see one up close and personal recently, at the invite of an enthusiast in Northern Michigan.
How cool to see what may be one of few remaining Polaris Star Cars!!
20150705_125142.jpg
20150705_125207.jpg
20150705_125214.jpg
20150705_125229.jpg
20150705_125236.jpg

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Kip
Thank You For Sharing
we enjoyed the reading and the video

Thank You 2.jpg