Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Grasshopper was bringing me to work this morning where it was reminding me once again that the belt needed cleaning. Getting on to a busy two-lane with a mostly blind corner I pulled out heavier on the throttle than usual and really put it up through the gears to get up to speed. Shortly after that I noticed that the belt had quieted down?

Bill

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I haven't looked in manual to see if it says anything about cleaning, but I have read posts where folks advocate regular cleaning helps to quieten it. Prob a good idea, but for lazy me, its too much trouble as it has to be moved several times to get at the exposed section. I squirt whatever amount of Simple Green I can up and under, stick hose under to wash it off, but thats about it. Maybe there are better/easier ways?

·
Registered
47 Posts
What I have found to quiet the belt down to nothing is stereo, welter exhaust, and exceleration works every time.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I have found to quiet the belt down to nothing is stereo, welter exhaust, and exceleration works every time.
Just an added lil note where I obviously have not been paying any attention just how much our drive train has quieted down since new, but a very welcome surprise tonight where I did the rare thing of riding the couple of miles home from work sans helmet and wow, the angle drive is barely no more than a whisper anymore! :)

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts