Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Recommended wire routing

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Extra1 
#1 ·
I was at my local Polaris dealer and they had two large sets of Kuryakyn Lizard Lights on clearance. I had some of these on my Indian and loved them. I figured I would put them on the SL. Now, for the questions...

For those of you who have installed the lighting, did you connect directly to the battery or is there a live hot wire that is available under the hood?

For lights in the rear, what panels did you remove or open to route wires to the stern? I'm not yet sure where I want to mount the lights (maybe shining down behind the license plate), but I do want to put a couple in the rear.

#6 ·
You will be glad to have that fuse block when adding mods that have an electric demand. I mounted mine on the drivers side firewall relatively close to the hood latch. I run wires along the frame tube and as you go forward behind the speaker pods to an opening in the engine compartment at/under the hood latch. How too may sound a bit like ******* engineering, but it works. Here goes, straighten a hanger wire and fish it down through the opening under the hood latch. This will push the hanger wire behind the speaker pods and exiting along the frame tube. Connect your new wires to the hanger wire and pull it through. Make sure to protect the new wires with an appropriately sized wire loom, most all auto parts store will have them. Also be sure to have the protective loom on/around the new wire before pulling it through. This is how I ran power cable to the fuse block and wires for aft end lights.

Sorry for the dissertation, good luck with your installation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.