Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Im running out of space in the garage and I'm looking at a post storage lifts. I found one from Greg Smith that looks good another one from Back Yard Buddy. Does anyone have any experiences with these types of lifts? Any recomendations?.......Thanks

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I have dealt with Greg Smith and they delivered on time and I had one issue that they sent a replacement part for ASAP.
Been working good for 4 years now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
just helped a friend install one. Very well built unitand all you need is a 110 outlet. I'll get you the name

Its an Eagle 7000 from eagle equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
We're very happy with our BendPak 4-post lift. We got just the standard one, but special ordered it powder-coated black instead of BendPak Blue. We liked it so much that we ordered and installed a BendPak 2-post lift, again Black. Unfortunately, the bay with the 2-post in it was about 2" too short for the full size one with the overhead cables. We could have put it one bay over, but then it would have been a long way from the tool cabinets. We're doing just fine with the short one with the cables that run across the floor with a hump.

I would think that with the 4-post, you'll have to park the Slingshot on the bottom, unless they have a solid floor these days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're very happy with our BendPak 4-post lift. We got just the standard one, but special ordered it powder-coated black instead of BendPak Blue. We liked it so much that we ordered and installed a BendPak 2-post lift, again Black. Unfortunately, the bay with the 2-post in it was about 2" too short for the full size one with the overhead cables. We could have put it one bay over, but then it would have been a long way from the tool cabinets. We're doing just fine with the short one with the cables that run across the floor with a hump.

I would think that with the 4-post, you'll have to park the Slingshot on the bottom, unless they have a solid floor these days.
Thanks for your thoughts, I just looked at the BendPak Lifts and they have an extra tall one that will well for me. They make a steel plate that fits between the rails that should work great for the SS. My wife and I always joke that since were empty nesters now, all we need is a 1000sf house and a ten stall garage!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
just helped a friend install one. Very well built unitand all you need is a 110 outlet. I'll get you the name

Its an Eagle 7000 from eagle equipment
If you have a sales contact I'd love one as well. Been thinking about a lift for a long time. (Just have to check clearances etc..)

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you have a sales contact I'd love one as well. Been thinking about a lift for a long time. (Just have to check clearances etc..)
Sorry I don't. My buddy bought his 2nd hand from a friend. I'll ask him to call his buddy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts, I just looked at the BendPak Lifts and they have an extra tall one that will well for me. They make a steel plate that fits between the rails that should work great for the SS. My wife and I always joke that since were empty nesters now, all we need is a 1000sf house and a ten stall garage!!

Yeah, we're the same way, except skipped the kids part. We built a 1700 ft^2 attached garage and house last year for our Mopar muscle cars. We are ready to take delivery of the Slingshot and the Hellcat. No hope in getting either in 2014, so 2015 will be a big year for us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts