Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a return phone call today from Polaris Consumer Services regarding very direct detailed delivery information I requested for my Slingshot order. This had to do with who I am exactly, my address, my dealer and SS pre-order information. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Of course the lady was wonderful, as has been the case with all of the Polaris employees I have dealt with so far. The response was very clear, absolutely NO Slingshots will be delivered to any dealers anywhere in the Country in the next couple of weeks. Dealers will start seeing their demos sometime in mid-November and possible a couple of more units above that at the same time or shortly after. Polaris apologizes for the delay and understands waiting customers are frustrated. No other information was given or any future delivery timelines.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I received a return phone call today from Polaris Consumer Services regarding very direct detailed delivery information I requested for my Slingshot order. This had to do with who I am exactly, my address, my dealer and SS pre-order information. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Of course the lady was wonderful, as has been the case with all of the Polaris employees I have dealt with so far. The response was very clear, absolutely NO Slingshots will be delivered to any dealers anywhere in the Country in the next couple of weeks. Dealers will start seeing their demos sometime in mid-November and possible a couple of more units above that at the same time or shortly after. Polaris apologizes for the delay and understands waiting customers are frustrated. No other information was given or any future delivery timelines.
CT, thank you for the update, at least now we know better than to get our hopes up for a delivery anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will still be interesting to see what the dealers find out tomorrow, but its not like I caught her off guard with the question. She knew why she was calling and has had plenty of time to get the answer so I would think it would be accurate information.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks CT. It would help reduce any confusion if the information release tomorrow reflects what Polaris Customer Service told you today... But as always it will be a wait and see...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wonder how many will pull deposits and wait till spring.
I'd hate to just get it then park it in the garage for the next
4/5 months.:(:( Wish everyone had my weather for there
winters.

But then again IMO that would be the wrong decision. With
there orders for the Slingshot way higher then they though
they'd get, no telling when they'll get all orders filled. Just hope
I get mine by spring. Lots of mods to get taken care of. :cool::)
At least the after market should be in full swing by the time I get mine.
Good Luck everyone.

·
Registered
621 Posts

But not for Moejoe. He is going to be riding away in his SS from the Motorcycle Mall in North New Jersey this Saturday.

·
Registered
621 Posts

This info (thank you for it CT) is entirely consistent with the "within the next month" per yesterday's PII Webinar and the Reuters press release yesterday... "within 30 days".

·
Registered
267 Posts
But not for Moejoe. He is going to be riding away in his SS from the Motorcycle Mall in North New Jersey this Saturday.
I hope Moejoe doesn't mind but I just sat in his SS a few minutes ago at Motorcycle mall. I'm in NJ on business and had to see it before he took it home. It is the SL that has been going around.

This is just between you and me so don't tell him this, I farted while I was sitting in it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If Moejoe rides away in anything Saturday it will be in the well traveled and abused Canadian demo SS with the duct tape on the steering wheel tilt lever and the sexually transmitted disease bugs on the well worn and sat in seats.
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The forum members here are just an absolute hoot!:D
I just love you guys, it never fails within a couple of post I am already laughing. You guys truly are great people, I was just telling @Mike Mtl about this, my wife and I were literally belly laughing reading the fun you guys were having posting stuff while we were taking the Spirit lake tour.
Anyways, thank you guys, the news isn't always the best but the forum fun continues!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
If Moejoe rides away in anything Saturday it will be in the well traveled and abused Canadian demo SS with the duct tape on the steering wheel tilt lever and the sexually transmitted disease bugs on the well worn and sat in seats.
Good luck with that!
Sometimes ya gotta pay extra for that - but they usually hide it in the dealer markup.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The forum members here are just an absolute hoot!:D
I just love you guys, it never fails within a couple of post I am already laughing. You guys truly are great people, I was just telling @Mike Mtl about this, my wife and I were literally belly laughing reading the fun you guys were having posting stuff while we were taking the Spirit lake tour.
Anyways, thank you guys, the news isn't always the best but the forum fun continues!
I quoted this post as useful, just in case I need to use it against you. hahahaha (that's an evil laugh, did you see it?)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Iooks like I have a few products for the SS out before its even out! lol
Wonder how many will pull deposits and wait till spring.
I'd hate to just get it then park it in the garage for the next
4/5 months.:(:( Wish everyone had my weather for there
winters.

But then again IMO that would be the wrong decision. With
there orders for the Slingshot way higher then they though
they'd get, no telling when they'll get all orders filled. Just hope
I get mine by spring. Lots of mods to get taken care of. :cool::)
At least the after market should be in full swing by the time I get mine.
Good Luck everyone.
At this rate we will have a full catalog! lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts