Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

421 - 428 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
2 recalls (seat mount; Swing-arm replacement & Fuel-clip), and one Service Advisory (Brake-Failure light). The cool thing for me was that initially the dealership I purchased mine from & took it back to due to the recall, told me I would have to wait awhile for the replacement Swing-arm because they did not have one in-stock at that time; unless I was willing to accept a RED-Colored Swing arm that met the re-call criteria (see the pic of my ride). There would be no charge, of course. My answer was, "LET ME THINK ABOUT THIS-YES!---DUH!" Although the recalls are a bit of a hassle, the service I am getting from "T&T Powersports" in Sapulpa, Oklahoma is great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just in this morning -

"Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Slingshot affected by Safety Recall T‑18‑03, which was announced on August 16th, 2018. Polaris has identified a concern with the seat belt safety system used on some Slingshot models. In the event of a side-impact collision, the seat belt retractor mechanism on the side opposite the collision (e.g. the driver’s side in a passenger-side impact) may separate, which may cause it to fail and prevent the seatbelt from locking. Failure of the seat belt retractor mechanism may increase the risk of injury. A letter will arrive at your address by postal mail providing more information about the update and what you should do next."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank You for the Information on the Safety Recall T-81-03. I contacted the dealership where I purchased mine, & they have done almost all the service on it. I asked them if my SS-SL was affected by this Recall. They said that according to my VIN#--NO!

421 - 428 of 428 Posts