Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

321 - 340 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone know if the new swing arm is dimensionally identical to the old?
My major concern is being able to fit a 20 by 12 inch wheel with a 325-25-20 tire.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Does anyone know if the new swing arm is dimensionally identical to the old?
My major concern is being able to fit a 20 by 12 inch wheel with a 325-25-20 tire.
When I went to look at all the Slingshots in stock at a dealer last weekend, didn't measure but looked identical except for tab at breakpoint. If you call a dealer they should be able to confirm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Getting all my recalls done today, I think there are 2 recalls and 2 bulletins. Still fun to drive, going to Maggie Valley again in May, Hope to see as many as can make it!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I know it's a moot point since new arms are shipping. But being from a manufacturing background, I can't help but wonder how this happened. One of my employees moved here from Peoria. He used to work at casting house there pouring motorcycle brake calipers. He said the weather in the Midwest can really wreak havoc on the casting process. They stored their sand for the molds outside in open sheds. In the winter, if they don't let molds reach at least 50 degrees before pouring, the aluminum can solidify too soon and clog passageways before the mold is full. I wonder if this is why only a few arms actually broke. It would be interesting to see if there was a serial number on them that could be traced to a November - February manufacturing date.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please let us know how it all works out at Coleman. 4 recalls plus warranty work, I'm assuming you will have to leave it there, even though the parts are in stock.
They told me they will need it for a day. I may see if they can press and do it in one shift so I can go down and back in one day.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Does anyone know how Polaris is allocating recall parts? My local dealer told me they are being allocated to showroom vehicles first, followed by those purchased from dealer, followed by all others. Since I didn't buy my Slingshot from him, he said I would be in the last group to get the part for my recall. He acknowledged I was the first customer to call and schedule mine for the recall. He went as far as to say, it would be best if I called the dealer where I purchased the SS and have them order the parts. He would them buy the parts from that dealer and install them on my machine.

When I called the dealer I purchased it from, he said he was not aware of any hierarchical order for parts allocation. He also said he hadn't received a single recall part as of yet.

Has anyone else been told that Polaris is allocating parts in this manner or is my local dealer BSing me

·
Registered
872 Posts
Does anyone know how Polaris is allocating recall parts? My local dealer told me they are being allocated to showroom vehicles first, followed by those purchased from dealer, followed by all others. Since I didn't buy my Slingshot from him, he said I would be in the last group to get the part for my recall. He acknowledged I was the first customer to call and schedule mine for the recall. He went as far as to say, it would be best if I called the dealer where I purchased the SS and have them order the parts. He would them buy the parts from that dealer and install them on my machine.

When I called the dealer I purchased it from, he said he was not aware of any hierarchical order for parts allocation. He also said he hadn't received a single recall part as of yet.

Has anyone else been told that Polaris is allocating parts in this manner or is my local dealer BSing me
I call BS......... I did not purchase my 1st slingshot from my servicing dealer, and I was the first in line on the headlight harness recall...... I expect that I will be the first in line, after their non-salvable inventory is repaired. It all depends on what type of relationship you have developed with the dealer. I have given mine rave reviews on Yelp, participated in their events, (can you say "fundraiser for community pool in a town of several hundred in the foothills:?), referred customers to them- both for purchase, and slingshot repair, and booze at Christmas.......... They have gone out of their way for me, and I have always reciprocated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got my letter for Polaris today. I called the dealer and they are still putting things off until the end of January since they say parts are not available. I told him I had heard of folks getting the work done and his reply was "I don't know how since we can't get parts!".

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey, i got a second recall letter today. It basically offered no useful info. Just said their
working on it ( recall logistics).
A NHTSA requirement... I got one several weeks ago.

Reactions: Stxjetski

·
Registered
213 Posts
My parts for the recall are in and the dealer is ready to install Ride Now in Vegas. Going to Alaska next week for a month so won't get it repaired until 17 Feb, but the parts are there.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
There is no update to the current recall. Simply call your preferred dealer, give them your vin, set up a service appointment, and they'll get the parts ordered. It make take a little bit to get the parts, supply seems to be tight still, good news is we have snow now so it'll be a while before we can ride. :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have been waiting since the recall came out and still no parts here in Northwest Washington. Everything is working fine but I would like to get it done so I can take of some other issues at the same time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am in central Illinois and will be going into my dealer for all the required recalls on my 2015. (Brakes, seals, gas line, swing arm, etc.) My appointment is next week and he went out of his way to check my vin and made sure he will have all my parts. I will need to leave it with him for 2 days, but this is winter. so I can't drive anyway. Come spring I will be all ready. I believe my dealer is on the ball. (I should also say that this is not the dealer I purchased the sling from, yet he has treated my fairly and done a great job.

321 - 340 of 428 Posts