·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day, another slingshot recall. Today its this:

Manufacturer Recall NumberT-19-01
NHTSA Recall Number19V750
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryPOLARIS SLINGSHOT HAS DETERMINED THAT THE VEHICLE'S ELECTRICAL CURRENT REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCEED THE CAPABILITY OF THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. EXCESS CURRENT MAY LEAD TO TERMINAL DAMAGE, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF FORWARD AND REAR LIGHTING, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, OR POWER STEERING ASSIST, WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Safety RiskPOLARIS SLINGSHOT HAS DETERMINED THAT THE VEHICLES ELECTRICAL CURRENT REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCEED THE CAPABILITY OF THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. EXCESS CURRENT MAY LEAD TO TERMINAL DAMAGE, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF FORWARD AND REAR LIGHTING, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, OR POWER STEERING ASSIST, WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH
RemedyDEALER TO INSPECT THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS AND RELOCATE THE 50A MAIN CHASSIS FUSE
Manufacturer's NotesSLINGSHOT RECALL: T-19-01

I've already contacted my local dealer and no surprise they're backordered. in the meantime

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Yep, we have already been discussing it.

Bill

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another day, another slingshot recall. Today its this:

Manufacturer Recall NumberT-19-01
NHTSA Recall Number19V750
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryPOLARIS SLINGSHOT HAS DETERMINED THAT THE VEHICLE'S ELECTRICAL CURRENT REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCEED THE CAPABILITY OF THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. EXCESS CURRENT MAY LEAD TO TERMINAL DAMAGE, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF FORWARD AND REAR LIGHTING, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, OR POWER STEERING ASSIST, WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Safety RiskPOLARIS SLINGSHOT HAS DETERMINED THAT THE VEHICLES ELECTRICAL CURRENT REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCEED THE CAPABILITY OF THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. EXCESS CURRENT MAY LEAD TO TERMINAL DAMAGE, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF FORWARD AND REAR LIGHTING, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, OR POWER STEERING ASSIST, WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH
RemedyDEALER TO INSPECT THE BATTERY FUSE BLOCK TERMINALS AND RELOCATE THE 50A MAIN CHASSIS FUSE
Manufacturer's NotesSLINGSHOT RECALL: T-19-01

I've already contacted my local dealer and no surprise they're backordered. in the meantime
If the fuse block is overloading, what will relocating it do?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, today was the day. the recall work itself was brief. just over an hour in my case. in short, the technician removed the battery and replaced the fuse with a more robust one. He stated it as as more of a pre-emptive recall, rather than a part in immediate need of service. All in all, a quick and rather painless appointment so hopefully your visit to the dealer will be just as easy.

Victor

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did. Same location but they replaced it with a more heavy duty unit instead of the original. Sorry i thought they moved it also but in reality just put in a stronger unit.

·
Registered
499 Posts
They did. Same location but they replaced it with a more heavy duty unit instead of the original. Sorry i thought they moved it also but in reality just put in a stronger unit.
Thank you for clarifying the recall. I too am waiting for the fuse block part for my 2015. Have fun and a safe ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Brewer Cycles made the recall mod for me as soon as parts arrived. Great service every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts