Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
So I have been calling all the dealers in LA area and they don't have the parts and they should order it and it would take at least a month for it to be delivered

And during that period Im supposed not to drive the slingshot

So
Are we eligible to ask for a rental car or whatever in return since we can't drive our vehicles for that long?

Cuz as far as I know if the dealer cant provide you with the prt for a month, u can get the full vehicle purchase amount refunded

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
There is NOT a 'do NOT drive' on the Slingshot.....for any of the current recall parts. All recall parts had to be ordered per VIN #,
If you sat around and did not contact your dealer to have them put your Slingshot the recall order list --- that's not their fault. I got
my Slingshot back about two weeks ago. Parts were ordered the day after the recall notice went out. I've put 4,500 miles on my unit with
NO problems.... My dealer had my Slingshot for 10 days because
when in for the 'recall' he noticed a couple of other problems that needed to be taken care of (under warrantee) ... I personally know about 100 different Slingshot owner/rider who when followed the
guidelines are/were very happy with the results....
My 2016 has 28,400 miles so I was happy my dealer took a little extra
effort with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is NOT a 'do NOT drive' on the Slingshot.....for any of the current recall parts. All recall parts had to be ordered per VIN #,
If you sat around and did not contact your dealer to have them put your Slingshot the recall order list --- that's not their fault. I got
my Slingshot back about two weeks ago. Parts were ordered the day after the recall notice went out. I've put 4,500 miles on my unit with
NO problems.... My dealer had my Slingshot for 10 days because
when in for the 'recall' he noticed a couple of other problems that needed to be taken care of (under warrantee) ... I personally know about 100 different Slingshot owner/rider who when followed the
guidelines are/were very happy with the results....
My 2016 has 28,400 miles so I was happy my dealer took a little extra
effort with it.
Glad to hear that
My dealer told me that I have to stop riding the slingshot and I have to bring it on a towing truck when the recall parts arrive

They refused to do the 15k service as well they said if we had that service done we cant let you out without doing the recall, that mean it has to stay there for a month
Or I can drive it at my own risk without have the recall service and the 15k service done

Im stuck
I need to change that oul and tighten that belt real soon

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Actually Polaris has stepped up the game. They are giving all customers who didn't get on the list for recall parts back in December when they should have a free Chevy Tahoe or Cadillac. They are even paying the taxes.

But wait.... There is more! If you call Papa Johns and tell them your story of woe, they will give you free Procrastinators Pizza for the next year.

Wait more could you ask for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually Polaris has stepped up the game. They are giving all customers who didn't get on the list for recall parts back in December when they should have a free Chevy Tahoe or Cadillac. They are even paying the taxes.

But wait.... There is more! If you call Papa Johns and tell them your story of woe, they will give you free Procrastinators Pizza for the next year.

Wait more could you ask for?
Could have asked them to teach you how to be more funnier in replying to threads

And what I asked for was the law
And im here to make you aware of these things incase you were too busy typing pointless comments

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Could have asked them to teach you how to be more funnier in replying to threads

And what I asked for was the law
And im here to make you aware of these things incase you were too busy typing pointless comments
Your comment was pointless. If you spent 3 minutes looking through the threads on this site you would have had your answer.

Don't cop and attitude and get bitchy when somebody responds to your laziness.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Get a new dealer while you are at it. If they are telling you that you cant ride, they dont know what they are talking about! If you didnt take 2 minutes to find out for yourself than thats your own fault.

With that said, I am getting a little annoyed with the recall issue too. I have been on the list and waiting for over 2 months now. I have not called anyone or complained because my dealer has kept me informed but just keeps telling me they are still waiting. But, because of the fact that there is NOT a STOP RIDE issued. I just drive it like I normally would without a care in the world.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I must have a special kind of dealer because they called me a day or so after the recall was issued and told me the parts were ordered after they ran my VIN. Everything was taken care of a few weeks ago and other than the ESP warning light no issues. Waiting for a nice day to have the warning light checked but never stopped riding and was never advised to by the dealer.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I must have a special kind of dealer because they called me a day or so after the recall was issued and told me the parts were ordered after they ran my VIN. Everything was taken care of a few weeks ago and other than the ESP warning light no issues. Waiting for a nice day to have the warning light checked but never stopped riding and was never advised to by the dealer.
I called my dealer on day two of recall and Head service tech had already put me in the system....GREAT dealer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some dealers keep them in stock. Had mine replaced in FL while traveling and did not call them untill the day before. Kissemnee (sp) Motor Sports did it and were great to work with.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Oooooh Blitz got disd by a noobie.

If I were OP I'd find a dealer that wasn't blowing smoke up my arse.

Mine is a 2017 so guess how far down the VIN list I am. My dealer has had me on the parts list since mid December. I'm not concerned at all, I look at it as I'm putting free miles on their swing arm and stuff. That's better to me than Blitz'S free car or pizza.

LC

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
OP's dealer is clearly at fault here. Polaris issued a Stop Sale for unsold dealer inventory, but did NOT issue a Stop Ride for owners like they did for the first recall (the Steering Recall).
Although I contacted my dealer as soon as I learned about the Swing-arm recall, my parts didn't come in until 2 weeks ago and I got my recall work done last week. I've now got over 33000 miles on my Slingshot and only have 3 months left on my factory warranty and now I'm not used to the noises from the new swing-arm and bearings and wonder if something will break just after my warranty expires.
Make sure you don't over-tighten the belt.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Anyone had a issue with brake failure light after swing arm recall?
I did. There is an arm that adjusts the peddle throw length and it was the culprit. They re-adjusted it after the recall service (same day) and have about 1K miles since with no problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts