Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NRG Center Dashboard Accessory Post

Anyone installed one of these? No instructions.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Here's a video from SlingMods that shows basic installation -https://www.slingmods.com/polaris-slingshot-rear-view-mirror-kit?vehicle=3. Watching the video, I'd assume the install goes easiest using the NRG Windshield bracket since it looks to have a mounting hole that is higher than the other windshield brackets and it's tapped for M6x1 screws/bolts - Polaris Slingshot Center Dashboard Accessory Post by NRG.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm running an F4 windshield so its about 5" taller than OEM. I've used a couple of these suction cup mirrors up near top and can see behind me; two cons...rear fin does obstruct view, and mirrow vibrates. Nevertheless, it is still helpful to see behind. I'm not sure one mounted lower will provide much of a view.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Back around Black Friday 2015, when my Wife and I stopped by a fellow Slingshot owner's garage to test getting in/out of his Slingshot with a Twist Dynamics Top, he had a multi-panel mirror attached to the inside frame of the top and it gave a very wide rear view to the point the side mirrors aren't really needed - Amazon.com: Allstar ALL76404 27-3/4" x 2-3/8" Race Style 4-Panel Tinted Rear View Mirror with Mounting Bracket: Automotive. I drilled holes for the L-brackets to mount the mirror to the top's front crossmember, but realized afterwards that I could have just used some pipe-clamps to mount the brackets to the top's cross-member.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a video from SlingMods that shows basic installation -https://www.slingmods.com/polaris-slingshot-rear-view-mirror-kit?vehicle=3. Watching the video, I'd assume the install goes easiest using the NRG Windshield bracket since it looks to have a mounting hole that is higher than the other windshield brackets and it's tapped for M6x1 screws/bolts - Polaris Slingshot Center Dashboard Accessory Post by NRG.
Installation of the mirror is shown in the video linked, and its very simple. The problem I had was finding instructions on how the install the center post itself.

To get access to the underside of the dash to mount the bottom bracket for the center post, I finally found a video that described pulling the head unit which helped. The dash above the head unit is held down with a couple of snap in fittings. To raise the dash, firm pressure to the top of the dash will release those fittings and give you access to the two screws that attach the ring around the head unit. Remove those screws and tilt the ring out to release the tabs at the bottom of the ring, and the head unit just lifts out, giving access to the underside of the dash.

The video I eventually found made it sound like you could just let the head unit hang by its connectors while you worked above and below the dash on the bracket. However, my wires on my 2019 were not long enough to let the head hang down very far, and I couldn't get it unplugged either. It took several hours to get it installed since I could only get one hand under the dash, but eventually got it done.

With all that said, the center rear view mirror and the convex stick on side mirrors are tremendous inprovements in reducing the blind spots on the Sling.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Yep. The only Slingshot with easy access to install the center windshield bracket was the old Base model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not even close for the 2020 model. No screws but some sore of bolt with c type washers. Gonna let the dealership do mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts