Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how the Polaris would look like with a rear wing or other rear wing design. Can anyone help on photo shop. Thank you for your help in advance. Just to see how it would look like.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I already posted a viable design in the "get together thread" compliments of Burning Man. Here it is again in case you missed it. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been thinking the same thing. But i dont think theres enough space due to the triangular shape on the rear
It would mount towards the rear triangle shape and would not pass the wheel. The rear wing would also be shape as a forward looking wing style.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Apologize for the previous ridiculous post. Will not do that again.

Sorry, cannot help it. Not exactly like this one but there are some definite design cues that could be taken from this particular vehicle.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
A rear wing won't provide much down force until you hit abt 80 mph, and is mostly for high speed corners or sweepers on a track.
Don't think cornering at those speeds on the street happens very often.
Thanksgiving rice anyone?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
would not waste my time or thoughts on this, its a motorcycle, not a car...safe driving to all and happy new year

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Why ? This is a drift machine .Slide into the corners ,slide out .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder how the Polaris would look like with a rear wing or other rear wing design. Can anyone help on photo shop. Thank you for your help in advance. Just to see how it would look like.
I just happen to see this video and noticed rear wings on these 2 Slingshots. I'm trying to research as well but can't find anything.

Link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=37&v=LTwb9UTMyvI
slingshot wing.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured it out. Bert's Mega Mall in California makes custom rear wings for the Slingshot.

Image from their bad marketing video
upload_2015-4-20_13-38-17.png

·
Registered
148 Posts
I install a wing shortly after receiving our SS & I just got back from a 1400 mile ride covering CA, NV, Utah & Arizona The wing worked well.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Reactions: Saul Goodman1
1 - 20 of 94 Posts