Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Best fit would be the 40 mm Offset model. The taller diameter will affect your speedometer and may upset the nanny systems, depending on overall tire diameter you select to go with it. IIRC, as long as the new tire is not more than around 4-5% taller than the the stock tire, you shouldn't necessarily experience any problems with the nanny systems.
Any particular reason you want that rim? If price is a driving factor (like it is for me), check out Circuit Performance wheels in 18 x 10.5 with offsets around 35 mm and priced nicely - https://www.nlmotoring.com/Circuit-Performance-CP32-Wheels-s/1861.htm. These wheels will fit a 305 or 315 width tire . I have a CP32 wheel with an Achilles ATR SPort 2 305/30R18 tire that doesn't cause problems with the nanny systems. Repainted to match the stock front wheels, I think it would look close enough in style. I have also run a 17 x10.5 28 mm offset American Muscle 10th Anniversary COBRA Style wheel with a Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire that doesn't cause any problems with the nanny systems. The smaller offsets will shift the center of the wheel around 1" or so to the left, but I have around 15000 miles between the 2 different wheels and haven't experienced any handling problems. https://www.discounttire.com/learn/tire-size-calculator will show an accurate impact of the tire changes on the speedo and www.willtheyfit.com will provide a visual representation of how the different wheel specs and offsets will affect fit, but the WilTheyFit speedo calcualtion is not as accurate as the Discount Tire tool, IMO.
It can be a pain finding an affordably priced wheel to handle larger tires. I know I have spent way too much time in searches for suitable wheels that fit my budget. You may find a perfect rear wheel that is only available in a relatively wide size for the front, for example. The CP32 wheels can be had in 18 x 10.5 " 35 mm offset, with the fronts in 18 x 9 35 mm offset. Most of the Mustang wheels will be 28 mm offset or less, which is the smallest offset I'd want to use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts