Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1381 - 1384 of 1384 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Slingshot SL 4,000 miles
20 Posts
Are these rear axel bearings part of the control arm? I ask because after 21 days in service, the dealer wants to replace the rear axel bearings as an option to fix my brakes from pulsating. They said this is polaris techs final answer to fix my brakes? I'm just wondering because the swing arm was replaced under 1 year ago. And they want $300+ to replace these supposed bad rear axel bearings. Any help or info would be great. 2016 slingshot sl with 4000 miles only.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Here would be my train of thought. The usual cause of a pulsating brake pedal is warped rotor(s)? A second remote possibility may be a malfunctioning anti-lock brake system? (where normally operating anti-lock brakes cause the brakes to pulsate, but only when excessive pressure is applied?) With this in mind, my first thought would be to have the dealer demonstrate how the axle bearing is defective and how it is causing the brakes to pulsate?
Bill

·
Registered
2016 Slingshot SL 4,000 miles
20 Posts
Here would be my train of thought. The usual cause of a pulsating brake pedal is warped rotor(s)? A second remote possibility may be a malfunctioning anti-lock brake system? (where normally operating anti-lock brakes cause the brakes to pulsate, but only when excessive pressure is applied?) With this in mind, my first thought would be to have the dealer demonstrate how the axle bearing is defective and how it is causing the brakes to pulsate?
Bill
Thanks for the input. The dealer won't even call me in 21 days I have to call every other day to beg for answers. It's the only one close to me though. I doubt they'll tell me anything. The polaris corp service team I have the "ask polaris" case open with are the only people who have been supportive but still not helpful.
How would I ask then to demonstrate the issue , they'll just say that the polaris techs are the ones responsible for the decision don't you think?
They've already replaced a speed sensor with no results. I figured it's the brakes or rotors as well (only after 4000 miles though? of light driving) but it's been there for 20 days of supposed service checks. And this is the 3rd separate time in 2 years I've brought it in for bad brakes.

1381 - 1384 of 1384 Posts