Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

481 - 500 of 1380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
A word of caution, I posted bearings with an inner race that seemed to cross-match properly, but later posts showed no inner race and a separate bushing instead. I'd want a sealed solution, but please check to see what will actually work before ordering.

You may want to carry the tools you find necessary to change the bearing, possibly in the upper compartment behind the passenger.

·
Registered
672 Posts
That style of bearing usually comes in two forms, one with no inner race, that uses a hardened shaft as the rolling surface and the other which uses a removable sleave that serves as the inner race. Both types are shown in the catalogue. The bearing that uses a hardened shaft is used where there are dimensional limitations.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can you be so kind as to forward order info, I want to fill my glove box. I assume you are talking about the needle bearing closest to the pulley, thanks again.
Hey PD MotionIndustries.com #855-642-2557 the cross ref bearing is
NA49092RS Item #00124254 I have to call to give CC because it didn't go through online when I ordered it so that will be Monday.

·
Registered
658 Posts
A word of caution, I posted bearings with an inner race that seemed to cross-match properly, but later posts showed no inner race and a separate bushing instead. I'd want a sealed solution, but please check to see what will actually work before ordering.

You may want to carry the tools you find necessary to change the bearing, possibly in the upper compartment behind the passenger.

Hedg do you think the Motion Industries NA49092RS will work?

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is the same as mine ......

It has been thought that it is the sprocket side needle bearing (18) that goes bad .... (17) and (13) are axle bearings ..... when all are replaced the noise goes away, maybe just a symptom of the R&R...... for some it came back...

View attachment 22746
@SlingJockey had the entire swingarm assembly replaced and after 100 miles the noise started again ... which I guess led Polaris to play in the sprocket splines ?

I have heard that noise since I have had 200 miles on mine. Only when taking off. Will make appointment with dealer. Thanks for the heads up. :arghh:

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Hedg do you think the Motion Industries NA49092RS will work?
Maybe, see Rab's thread.

I think mine will make it through Fall, and am worried that if pulled it may fail. It's worn in a particular orientation, and any changes made may upset that orientation and greatly excelerate ware on an already failing bearing.

In Fall I'll pull it, check OD/ID/width using micrometers, and either get it replaced under warranty or clean/lube and re-install if there is a different issue.

@SAINT SS and I are working on something else at the moment, and @chad warren is helping on the next mod., otherwise this would be a good one for the shop.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I'm waiting for my bearing talk to Polaris today they Tell me that 37 ss who waiting for in Canada
Eeee whattttt is it the precious humm I call some places in USA and nothing maybe it's time to make a bearing mod
So can someone confirm that Polaris is knowingly holding repair parts from paid customers to continue building new units?

This is one time when we need an answer from them for sure. If someone is secretly very close to Polaris on this forum will you please message me and tell me why this would be happening.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
By the way , my rear end has been popping since I arrived at Deals Gap last weekend. I am still driving it like I stole it. It hasn't gotten any worse. Its just crackling when I push it forward. Silent going backwards.

I don't care either. I promised a fireball show and were going to get one. Polaris if you have some bearing you might want to send a set to Hamilton AL to my dealer. It's going to be waaaaaay cheaper to replace the bearing than the whole rear end. And I am NOT going to stop riding till you get some bearings. You have them. They are being put in new Slingshots daily.

Reactions: Sonny

·
Registered
452 Posts
So can someone confirm that Polaris is knowingly holding repair parts from paid customers to continue building new units?

This is one time when we need an answer from them for sure. If someone is secretly very close to Polaris on this forum will you please message me and tell me why this would be happening.

They went from denying shit to now not having anything to repair things with.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You can't tell me they don't have a parts room at the plant. They don't have just enough parts sitting at the plant to make the 40 slingshots a day or whatever they put out a day. Its embarrassing I hate when I'm at a car show and people bring up the problems and delays they have heard about. I just smile and say yea I've heard. Hey Polaris I'm one of your first year Guinea pigs/ cheerleaders for what I feel and alot of members on hear feel is a kick ass ride. Its getting stupid and embarrassing. OK rant over. I'm off to go stare at my SS in the garage. Its raining that's all I can do.

481 - 500 of 1380 Posts