Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1370 Posts

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might want to keep your ears open for noises in the rear end, I noticed mine at 4K when it started a rubbing sound that I could hear when I coasted up to a stop, The noise would increase with the speed and then it went away for awhile then came back stronger. I hope Shack can post the video I made of the noise.
I took it into Cycle Springs and Noel got me right in and had it fixed in a few days, Polaris shipped the parts right away. It pays to have a good dealer that knows how to get the job done. There are 2 sets of bearings in the axel housing, and one is American made and the other was same company but stamped Japan ,It was the Japan one that failed on mine, but both replaced. The American bearing ,top pic was the big
axel bearing 1.jpg
axel bearing 2.jpg
ger of the two.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Thank-You WingShot for the post - Great-Info
glad you have a Good-Dealer
......................................................... tom n carol

·
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Shack for posting this video. Sorry you can't see much as I shot it at night after it started getting louder. I used my iPhone In left hand held down side facing rear wheel to focus on noise. It starts out much fainter and gets louder as bearings become wore and usually can only hear it when coasting to a stop with or without engine running and neutral or in gear coasting

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Seriously? It's Chinese steel. I'm not trying to be funny, they make junk, and steel is just another item added to the list of crap coming out of China.

Anyone ever cut threads on pipe sourced from China?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks Shack for posting this video. Sorry you can't see much as I shot it at night after it started getting louder. I used my iPhone In left hand held down side facing rear wheel to focus on noise. It starts out much fainter and gets louder as bearings become wore and usually can only hear it when coasting to a stop with or without engine running and neutral or in gear coasting
Wow, this is the same noise mine made, but it turned out to be the bearings in the rear end, they put new ones in and all is good, I just think it's strange that it sounds the same.

·
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, this is the same noise mine made, but it turned out to be the bearings in the rear end, they put new ones in and all is good, I just think it's strange that it sounds the same.
The axel is in the rear end, it sounds the same because it is the same. There are 2 sets of bearings in the rear end on the axel shaft.

1 - 20 of 1370 Posts