Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link where to order one on line, after thinking about it, i am going to order one, ALSO.....(drum roll) i had a good conversation friday with Brian at Polaris, told him HUGE disappointment that SS has no ignition/steering wheel lock and that was the cheapest and stupidest thing polaris did on the SS, Brian told me on Wednesdays Slingshot meeting he will bring it up with the engineers and slingshot team....thoughts?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive never seen a steering wheel lock on a motorcycle. LOL Ya it was something I was shocked about too, and the fact that the whole steering column is kinda weak.
When SLINGMODS comes out with there steering wheels and removable ones, it won't be an issue :)

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
I was suprised that the steering column did not lock. Seems pretty standard nowdays. All my bikes have had fork locks and my 46 ford had a locking column. Corvettes have had a locking colum since 69. so I was suprised that an american vehicle with a steering wheel did not lock.

Not a big problem but every little security improvement helps in todays world.

I will add some basic theft deterrents to mine to keep the everyday criminal away. The heavy weight criminals will take it no matter what you do!

Reactions: FLSLING

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If anyone figures out which disc brake lock fits on there, I would be grateful if they would post it .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts