Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a story you wont believe. I am on my way home and ill type it soon as I get there. A little hint. Gray is fastest....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, here it goes.

Wednesday I get a call from my salesman and he tells me two SL's will be here Saturday. And he also mentions he will have the VIN number Friday. So I'm on cloud 9 for the whole day and night. Friday I give my salesman a call and he isn't there so I ask to speak to the owner and ask him did they get any VIN numbers. He said he hadn't checked but he would and he would call me. About 2 hours later my sales guy calls which isn't even working that day calls me and I can tell by his tone that I'm going to be pissed. He explains that instead of two SL's being on the truck he has a base and an SL. He tells me that I am NOT the #1 person on the list. And he thought I was. His boss had taken a trade in on an SL before I did my deal. And he never was informed. So I was actually #2. He was truly upset and I could tell on the phone that he actually was very sorry for it happening.

Being that I have never sat in one I went ahead and drove to the dealer and did the usual sit and hold the shifter. It felt good. Sadly they were loading the SL on the truck to deliver to the #1 buyer. I tucked my tail in and I told him I would just wait on a SL. However the more I stared at the gray one the more it was growing on me. I was imagining how it would look with a carbon fiber wrap in some areas and how it blended in just a little more with the highway. I kinda liked the idea of the stealthy look.

Even after looking at it for a while I drove away with my head held low. I drove home feeling like someone had kicked me in the stomach. As I sat on my couch I couldn't help myself. I found myself texting my salesman and asking the following.

Can you make the base the same as the SL. AND can you throw in a trailering cover. About 20 minutes later they called and sold it to me with 1. The infotainment system. 2. The big windshield, 3. The trailer cover 4. The big wheels and tires. for the 24960.00 TAX title and out the door. I had to pay 960.00 for 5 years warranty. I think I did ok. AND GOD IS IT FUN!

Just wanted to share my story
Feeling a little better now.
GRAY is fastest!!!!:):):)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
OK, here it goes.

Wednesday I get a call from my salesman and he tells me two SL's will be here Saturday. And he also mentions he will have the VIN number Friday. So I'm on cloud 9 for the whole day and night. Friday I give my salesman a call and he isn't there so I ask to speak to the owner and ask him did they get any VIN numbers. He said he hadn't checked but he would and he would call me. About 2 hours later my sales guy calls which isn't even working that day calls me and I can tell by his tone that I'm going to be pissed. He explains that instead of two SL's being on the truck he has a base and an SL. He tells me that I am NOT the #1 person on the list. And he thought I was. His boss had taken a trade in on an SL before I did my deal. And he never was informed. So I was actually #2. He was truly upset and I could tell on the phone that he actually was very sorry for it happening.

Being that I have never sat in one I went ahead and drove to the dealer and did the usual sit and hold the shifter. It felt good. Sadly they were loading the SL on the truck to deliver to the #1 buyer. I tucked my tail in and I told him I would just wait on a SL. However the more I stared at the gray one the more it was growing on me. I was imagining how it would look with a carbon fiber wrap in some areas and how it blended in just a little more with the highway. I kinda liked the idea of the stealthy look.

Even after looking at it for a while I drove away with my head held low. I drove home feeling like someone had kicked me in the stomach. As I sat on my couch I couldn't help myself. I found myself texting my salesman and asking the following.

Can you make the base the same as the SL. AND can you throw in a trailering cover. About 20 minutes later they called and sold it to me with 1. The infotainment system. 2. The big windshield, 3. The trailer cover 4. The big wheels and tires. for the 24960.00 TAX title and out the door. I had to pay 960.00 for 5 years warranty. I think I did ok. AND GOD IS IT FUN!

Titanium FTW. .. congrats dude.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OK, here it goes.

congrats bud

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
OK, here it goes.

That is AWESOME RT!!!! Congrats. You got the best of both. The extras of the SL and the much higher performance of titanium. :cigar:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you dont mind me asking, what dealer did you buy from?
No not at all. They had everything in stock but the wheels and they were backordered till Dec 12th. I got it from Motorsport's Superstore in Hamilton AL . My sales guy was Philip W. He is a great guy.

Reactions: James McKinney

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Congrats! Great story!

I am also waiting on a Grey Base too for my TN dealer! Think you made the right choice, the red will get old in a few years, the grey always looks classy and stelthy! '

Congratulations and hope to see you over in the N GA Mountains sometime!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I truly hope the guys and gals in the states that have blocked the sale get to purchase soon. Its going to be worth the wait. Just hang in there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
OK, here it goes.

WTG RT, congrats !!!!!! I agree, I went to do the sit and hold the shifter thing on mine also today, and next to it was a grey model, VERY impressed with the looks of the grey and black color scheme. If I had the same choice that you had, I would have gladly went your route. Again, CONGRATS !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hoping to outfit a base like that too but I can't seem to get the price similar to just buying an SL. I'm not sold on the need for the infotainment system. Seems like a ton of money for features I'm not sure I would use.

Can you even hear the radio with the wind blowing all around you?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts