Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i talked to my polaris dealer and he said possible 2 models, base and a top of the line one , price - big question mark, hopefully mid 20's comparable to a Spyder

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am surprised this picture has not created more discussion.
I want one. Come on polaris give us some news, now we know what it looks like along with the front end in the second video.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah that looks like it.

but 2 questions. why is there only 1 picture? and why is it not covered in camo??? test mules are usually covered in that guady thick black vynal and checkerboard patterns to hide as much as possible from the public! even when we know what it looks like...

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah that looks like it.

but 2 questions. why is there only 1 picture? and why is it not covered in camo??? test mules are usually covered in that guady thick black vynal and checkerboard patterns to hide as much as possible from the public! even when we know what it looks like...
Polaris doesn't test using camo like the huge automakers. There's no way the would even think about that. They have probably ran mules around for a while though.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
That looks very cool to me . now I have to butter up the wife to add this to the collection of boats , snowmobiles and other toys .
I think this will be one toy that will be an easy sell to the wife. It's looks to fun, edgy, safer than a motorcycle, you can both drive it/enjoy it and hopefully it won't break the bank :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think this will be one toy that will be an easy sell to the wife. It's looks to fun, edgy, safer than a motorcycle, you can both drive it/enjoy it and hopefully it won't break the bank :)
I agree, but I gotta make sure the woman can drive a manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WHAT WE THINK WE KNOW SO FAR

Name: Polaris Slingshot

Price: Under $30,000

Release: 2016

Engine: 2.4-litre Ecotec four-cylinder engine

Horsepower: 200 to 250 bhp

Top speed: 130 miles (210 kilometres)

Features: ABS brakes, power steering, traction control and stability control

Steering: Front wheel drive

Seats: Two

Doors: None

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2688936/What-cross-Batmobile-Reliant-Robin-The-low-riding-Polaris-Slingshot-surfs-130mph.html#ixzz37HZVt83R
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Half of this isn't true at all. It's not going to use that old 2.4 Ecotec. It's release is not in 2016, and it is not FWD, etc. I even started a thread on what will be the most likely engine choice. All those patent images are outdated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts