Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we got our assembly line all ready to go! Some new intake manifolds, throttle bodies and customers parts they sent in. Going to be a long Friday and weekend :)

We are getting our SS put together and trying to dyno it with and without porting and polishing and letting everyone know what it makes next week. We are really excited!!

We will be testing:
-RRR air intake with & without K&N
-RRR P&P Air box
-RRR P&P throttle body
-RRR P&P intake manifold
-RRR catch can/ not pulling hot engine air into the air intake system / will it make any power, not sure but are going to test
-Bobs tune with and without P&P

So everyone knows our 2016 SS has about 500 miles and will be completely stock except a 1320 header for our baseline. We will not be swapping the header. We are paying by the hour and header is out of the question.

So if anybody has any special requests on any combo and is reasonable please let us know.

We are thinking open throttle body and maybe open header... Just to play around.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Good stuff here and sounds like there is a solid method to the dyno testing.

Obviously we all will want to see a stock pull to see what the baseline is. I am sure you didn't list it because everyone does that.

Would love to see how a PP intake and PP throttle body helps a turbo kit, but obviously this request is just ridiculous. Maybe I will have to send my intake and throttle body to you and do the dyno comparison here is AZ....

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
I have a dollar that says, when all is said and done you get 185 RWHP, add a NOS bottle and you with unleash a whole new animal. Good luck. Looking forward to the numbers.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
So we got our assembly line all ready to go! Some new intake manifolds, throttle bodies and customers parts they sent in. Going to be a long Friday and weekend :)

We are getting our SS put together and trying to dyno it with and without porting and polishing and letting everyone know what it makes next week. We are really excited!!

We will be testing:
-RRR P&P Air box
-RRR P&P throttle body
-RRR P&P intake manifold
-RRR catch can/ not pulling hot engine air into the air intake system / will it make any power, not sure but are going to test

So everyone knows our 2016 SS has about 500 miles and will be completely stock except a 1320 header for our baseline. We will not be swapping the header. We are paying by the hour and header is out of the question.

So if anybody has any special requests on any combo and is reasonable please let us know.

We are thinking open throttle body and maybe open header... Just to play around.
Really looking forward to the results!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

We will be testing:
-RRR P&P Air box
-RRR P&P throttle body
-RRR P&P intake manifold

Gotta have some pictures. No pictures....it didn't happen! ;););)

·
Registered
939 Posts
You can use my CAI for dyno test if you want to fit it into one of your combos. You should have it by now. I will have to check the tracking number to make sure it got there.

Just checked tracking number and you should have received it on Wednsday.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, We hear everyone and have great news!!

We have our Dyno scheduled at 10 am tomorrow morning!!! Its not very good weather in Texas today, gloomy and misty. As long as its not pouring down rain they will let us dyno. So everyone say a prayer that the weather holds for us please.

We are just as excited and can't wait to know the difference in the butt dyno versus real numbers! lol

·
Registered
925 Posts
LOL, We hear everyone and have great news!!

We have our Dyno scheduled at 10 am tomorrow morning!!! Its not very good weather in Texas today, gloomy and misty. As long as its not pouring down rain they will let us dyno. So everyone say a prayer that the weather holds for us please.

We are just as excited and can't wait to know the difference in the butt dyno versus real numbers! lol
Since mines is already installed...I can not wait to see if my BUTT meter is right! :D

1 - 20 of 106 Posts