Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge supply of RAM mounts. I was looking at the roll hoop and there is a couple of screws that hold the plastic to the the hoop. I took one out and found a long screw and a metal spacer. I had a metal RAM mount that has a hole thru the center.this is what I came up with.

Reactions: CJFink

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A plethora or RAM parts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other thing. When I was checking to see what size torx to use. I walked up with the socket in my hand and put it in the screw head and just turned it to see if the torx was the correct fit. Guess what. I turned it with my fingers. I checked all 4 and I could use a socket to unscrew them all with my fingers. I know they wont be super tight because of the plastic but you shouldnt be able to unscrew them that easy. By the way its a T40. Someone go check theirs and lets me know if I'm the only one

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Geeze RABTECH you collect those things? Nice amount!

Thanks again for the great idea on the Shield Bracket, I'll order the ball, I have the attachment clamp and I'll use the lower hole to hold my phone and the upper hole for my Radar Detector.

Here's my way of Going Pro...and I don't recommend doing it this way!

·
Banned
118 Posts
One other thing. When I was checking to see what size torx to use. I walked up with the socket in my hand and put it in the screw head and just turned it to see if the torx was the correct fit. Guess what. I turned it with my fingers. I checked all 4 and I could use a socket to unscrew them all with my fingers. I know they wont be super tight because of the plastic but you shouldnt be able to unscrew them that easy. By the way its a T40. Someone go check theirs and lets me know if I'm the only one
yep, they're loose. I took everything off the back of my SS to install an amp under the back fin. When putting the screws back IN, despite being very careful, I stripped one of the two upper screws that hold the plastic "roll bars" together. Maybe that's why they're so loose. Any tighter and they very easily strip! Not good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts