Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now with the new Bullet Speed top I don't shy away from the rain as much as I used to. My Madstad windscreen was still very difficult to see thru in the rain. Enter the new Rain-X plastic version. The rain drops now bead up uniformaly at low speeds allowing you to see thru a pattern of rain drops, much like looking thru a screen door. As speed passes 55-60 the drops start to bead up and run off, making the screen almost clear. Highly recommended for both sides of the windscreen and it works on the glass mirrors as well.
IMG_0597.JPG

Yes that blur is my best friend Rosy's thumb.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woof Dog. Show us the pics...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Get the same results with a F4 windshield without Rain-X.
Yes - carol & i agree 100%
with the F4Customs +5 - -in the rain it is like having Rain-X raining on the windscreen
.................................................. tom n arol

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woof woof...

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excuse me I ment
Woof, Woof (woof)

·
Let's ride it like we stole it!
346 Posts
Really? It's a contest? No thanks. We're telling you what our experiences are - not putting down your shield. Sheesh.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just the facts please. Many of us just want to learn from facts not conjecture. I took the time to share what I have learned and backed it up. No contest here but until you back it up it is just your opinion.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No pics available as its snowing here and the SS is in storage but my F4 does as others have reported here. There is some type of coating on the shield that beads up water and rain. Also makes it possible to use regular glass cleaner and a paper towel to clean it without any scratches.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK JD - I'm sure there is a holy grail out there and I sure would like to know about it. I consulted for Cee Bailey for several years as a BMW windscreen developer. I'm sure I am way out of date.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
20,000+ miles on a F4 5+ tinted and with that many miles you know I've hit more rain than anyone wants to. Clean it with a variety of materials and it always beads up. and probably clearer than the one pictured above. Haven't tried to take a pictures while driving in the rain.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure don't banter and never will but only facts matter.
Ask Rosey to lend a hand. Lead, follow, or just banter...

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's all good, there is no shortage of talent and egos here. I love all my friends - but name the european track and I'll put my Step Daughter on you.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well not sure what others have done to their F4 shields, but mine is HORRIBLE to see threw in the rain. And YES I hit allot of rain here in Fla. I for one do appreciate the feedback on the Rain X.. Gonna give it a try.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have had 3 F4's and they bead without additives but they do need to be cleaned or road oils can build up and defeat the coating.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
1 - 18 of 18 Posts