Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i am OCD, Yes i like a clean non scratched Vehicle...so i went to home depot and bought pipe covers made out of foam, they match the color of the bike, only thing i wish is if Slingmods ;0 (HINT!) sold a nylon cover for the rails to fit over......thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I was going to go with

I think you did better.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I was thinking about getting a can of Defender and spraying on those bars. Its a clear material that will protect the shoe marks and when it gets worn just peel and redo it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only thing missing is a nylon cover to make it pretty hope someone has one or will make one to sell, the length of the rail

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
One of these rolls can be cut down the middle and cover both sides.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
How hard is that to put on for a complete novice Painter?
Easy. Cut to fit, light mist of Windex, peel the backing off and place. Squeegee the film down and let set an hour or two....done!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
painter i am having the hood clear wrapped bra with 3m...300 dollars for the whole hood

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
painter i am having the hood clear wrapped bra with 3m...300 dollars for the whole hood
Great stuff but a little hard to wrap around double curves. Make sure he knows what he is doing and it will be a great paint protector!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Really hard to scuff that stuff but a little applied heat and you can peel it off. Just don't put on un-cured paint unless you want it to peel off with it!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I use 3M around harley seat bolts and even with the metal bracket rubbing on it ...yet to see damage.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I said this in another thread about those bars, but I'll show it here too. I make a lot of paracord items and wrap boat wheels, grab bars, etc. I'm going to be wrapping my bars with paracord. Probably going to use one of these designs:

(These are items I've wrapped recently for people)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts