Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Took my SS in for service and mods, which I'll discuss later. I picked it up after hours. I notice my radio buttons have stopped working and when in reverse the backup camera isn't displaying.

Had anybody experienced this issue before?

Thanks
Fas

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
So pretty much your radio and back up display is also not working if I read it correctly. Well might want to check the fuse to see if it's blown. If the fuse is not blown, s the radio connection might have come loose. Depending if the dealer did some work around the radio area. If the radio system is bad, hopefully it's still on warranty. Good luck...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there
Thanks for your response.
Sorry let me clarify

Radio turns on
It's on Bluetooth mode
My phone connects via Bluetooth
Music is playing at low volume

But none of the buttons work
I can't increase or decrease the volume
Can't press mode to change to am fm
Preset button does not work
When I go into reverse the backup camera did not pop up.
The up and down tune does not forward to the next track

Basically the buttons have all stopped working, but there is power to the unit and us operating at whatever level it was at when the buttons stopped working.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re: Mode
sorry i forget what the button on the bottom right is. The one that changes the settings between am/fm/bluetooth/usb etc etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some more updates:

I noticed long pressing the mute button on the left side eventually got me to a screen that allowed me to set the display controls. All the buttons worked to change these display settings. But going back still took me back to the main screen where i could not put the volume up or down nor change the channels or the mode.

I was also able to get to a diagnostic screen by turning the SS off, keeping the preset button pressed while turning the key to power on. There was a button diagnostic test that worked and confirmed that my buttons are working. So i figure the buttons are physically working, but there is a software glitch that has the settings hung in bluetooth mode and no volume/channel/mute buttons working

I do see there is an update software page. You can upgrade the firmware on the stereo unit by putting the software on a usb dongle and plugging it in. Does anybody know of this process or have a link to the software?

Thanks
Fas

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry as I am not by my SS. I would of tried to take a pic. It was basically at the lower end of the steering wheel stalk. It was an electrical connector. It was on the lower right side.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply! If i'm not mistaken that plug is for the comm port so the dealer can hook up to there scanner to read codes. It's a dummy plug that really doesn't do anything. I appreciate the help, our customers slingshot is suffering from the same symptoms your slingshot was having.

·
2,326 Posts
If i'm not mistaken that plug is for the comm port so the dealer can hook up to there scanner to read codes. It's a dummy plug that really doesn't do anything.
If I remember correctly there are a few main harness connectors behind the dash in that same area ...... doubt he meant the comm port ...

.... :bag:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent. So to confirm it was a connector in that area?

·
Registered
566 Posts
2015 SL. Have there been any software updates available for the radio that the dealer can install? Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We figured it out! and thanks to this thread which had us look in a different direction then where we were headed. Much thanks guys;)
hey Im new here I have a sling shot im working on that has the same issue as you guys are describing and for the life of me I cant fine any connector near the steering shaft other than comm speedo and tach. do you remeber what you did on this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts